2018 Sidney Reports

TIA did you see what it's been feeding on? I hope I get that feeling of a reel peeling some day again. Or did it go back for another day?
The stomach and throat were stuffed full of 5" needlefish. Put the time and effort in and youll have the reel singing in no time! :)

Ive got a couple derbies coming up that I wouldnt mind landing his twin brother for!

So long, skunk! I battled some pretty good chop in my 17 footer and was rewarded with a 10# hatchery red spring. South James island gold nugget coho killer. I caught it pretty quickly into my session, but that was the only bite I had in a few hours.CB764F72-4FEC-4346-8BAE-85C33E196D8F.png

That's a nice fish.....I can't tell was it a hatch?

Oh sorry reread the post.....duh!

Thanks bud! I almost didn’t recognize you with your new streamlined name

Lol!! I finally got it smaller.. didn't think of that when I signed up!

Way to go Stizzla! Just need to know how much water you were fishing in, your depth on the rigger, GPS coordinates, speed over ground as well as speed over water, the voltage reading off your cannonball on the side that caught the fish, leader length, method you used to pinch the barb, any and all knots you tied, wind direction, relative humidity, the phase of the moon, and your shoe size. Thanks!

Way to go Stizzla! Just need to know how much water you were fishing in, your depth on the rigger, GPS coordinates, speed over ground as well as speed over water, the voltage reading off your cannonball on the side that caught the fish, leader length, method you used to pinch the barb, any and all knots you tied, wind direction, relative humidity, the phase of the moon, and your shoe size. Thanks!
None off the above... It jumped into my boat as I was cruising back to the dock. Ps. They added the other two ramps at Tulista!

Took my kids to the beach and there seemed to be a number of boats fishing Wain Rock area. Anyone catching today?

Tried to get out for the morning change today... a couple feeding orcas came through about 5 mins after I set my lines so I pulled gear, shut off the sounder and engine, and watched them feed for about 45 mins. Looked like a big bull and a female but Im no whale expert. Marked a couple fish and some baitballs on my half-lap so the whales probably got a good meal!

Tried to get out for the morning change today... a couple feeding orcas came through about 5 mins after I set my lines so I pulled gear, shut off the sounder and engine, and watched them feed for about 45 mins. Looked like a big bull and a female but Im no whale expert. Marked a couple fish and some baitballs on my half-lap so the whales probably got a good meal!
Did you get any pics??

Back