2018 Sidney Reports

Thanks guys! First time that tac's produced for me this year. It's one of those....10% of the time. Works everytime tacs. Just got lucky today.

Fished the Derby as well, weather cooperated and the water was great.
Only pulled a 7lb'er out but a good day on the water all around.

Have to say kudos to the Mill Bay folks, well run Derby and great staff.

Thanks guys! First time that tac's produced for me this year. It's one of those....10% of the time. Works everytime tacs. Just got lucky today.
Well I have to say you got really lucky last week too! If I’m not mistaken, The last two fish you caught added together equals a tyee.

Snuck out for the early slack this morning. Released 4 or 5 fish from 4-10 lbs at Fairfax. All on the deep side, all on an AP sandlance!

The good news about the way I’ve been fishing lately (including today at Fairfax), is that my net is holding it’s resale value and is in as new condition :(

The good news about the way I’ve been fishing lately (including today at Fairfax), is that my net is holding it’s resale value and is in as new condition :(

Lol!! That's like 95% of my Tackle

Took the cover off my boat yesterday and wow, what a giant catastrophe.
Only had a couple hours in the afternoon so did the shakedown cruise for a couple laps around Sidney Spit.

Hit into a sunken trap on one side and in the ensuing chaos (held onto the buoy where there was not only my gear but a lovely new flasher combo of some other poor man too) the Kicker sheared off the downrigger ball at the snubber on the opposite side!
Lost my new mini Sandlance and chartruese flasher and a new 15lb ball, and line on both sides caught the Kicker and tangled in the prop. ... **** me I have some kind of talent I tell ya.

Back out today in the raging ebb in the Channel and around to madarte. Nothing interesting of note and no lost gear.
Good to be back on my own boat and not the other half's father's!

I know it’s silly we buy new lures and flashers every chance we get, and use the same 3 or 4 things every time. I do love looking in my tackle box though, nice to know it’s all there!
You know the old cliche', " The only thing that these fancy lures and flashers consistently catch is fisherman."

TIA did you see what it's been feeding on? I hope I get that feeling of a reel peeling some day again. Or did it go back for another day?

Back