2018 Sidney Reports

Zero Rock and Darcy are my go to places when out that way, same for us this year a big Zero. Halibut has been hard this year for us never but one in the box no matter where we fished.
Same here, I did an outstanding job of conserving the species!

I also did my conservation part, although I must admit I haven't put much effort in
since all the size restrictions.

74 hours on the pick for me, through good, mediocre and poor tides. My fishing partner got 2 over the course of the year. The only 2 times i wasn't there! Time for some good deeds I think! I'm thinking of getting a shirt printed up......"Bad Mojo"
Merry Christmas everyone, at least I've found some solace in like company!

74 hours on the pick for me, through good, mediocre and poor tides. My fishing partner got 2 over the course of the year. The only 2 times i wasn't there! Time for some good deeds I think! I'm thinking of getting a shirt printed up......"Bad Mojo"
Merry Christmas everyone, at least I've found some solace in like company!
Merry Fishmas @MadJigga

Okay report time! Currently heading back from james island channel... @persistent @Nolan were all over them today! must’ve hit 25 fish all in the 45-60cm size... only one was a keeper at 63cm. All on bottom on glow spoons and persistent was getting some on a plug.
Most action I’ve ever had in one day. Thanks guys it was a blast! We were like the 3 Amigos out there! Okay more like the three stooges:oops:

Last edited:
3 stooges? You guys looked pretty good to me. And you probably got to watch me bobble that one out of the net. Managed to get it back in but it was a tad small. I ended up with a 7 and an 8 pounder (plus 9 more that went back in). Fun times out there yesterday!

3 stooges? You guys looked pretty good to me. And you probably got to watch me bobble that one out of the net. Managed to get it back in but it was a tad small. I ended up with a 7 and an 8 pounder (plus 9 more that went back in). Fun times out there yesterday!

We had a few stoogy moments for sure, but it was a blast. I was admiring your solo netting skills actually.

Well done Stizzla, you've out fished all of us over the last few days of the year and by releasing around 30 fish shows signs hat you're figuring this out. We'll be asking you for tips before you know it. What was your go too set up today?

Well done Stizzla, you've out fished all of us over the last few days of the year and by releasing around 30 fish shows signs hat you're figuring this out. We'll be asking you for tips before you know it. What was your go too set up today?
The bigger was on a lemon lime flasher with green splatterback hoochie and the other was all black and glow.
I gotta say I’d rather go quiet for most of the day and get an 18-20 pounder. I feel like a couple of releases likely didn’t make it. So yeah 10% mortality rate is about right on catch and release.
It was good practice for me, but I ended up going to larger spoons at the end targeting bigger fish to no avail. Ready for summer!

Back