2018 Port Renfrew Reports

You and Jackel should be putting on some fishing clinics on how to run the ocean, navigate properly, fish, rig gear, mooch, handle rods, throw weights, catch tyees, troll forums, and belittle beginners. Would give you a chance to tell us all how you walked to school uphill both ways and how the west coast was won. Lastly you could sign some autographs and we could sign the documents nessessary to fish the same waters that you somehow were granted ownership of.

You and Jackel should be putting on some fishing clinics on how to run the ocean, navigate properly, fish, rig gear, mooch, handle rods, throw weights, catch tyees, troll forums, and belittle beginners. Would give you a chance to tell us all how you walked to school uphill both ways and how the west coast was won. Lastly you could sign some autographs and we could sign the documents nessessary to fish the same waters that you somehow were granted ownership of.
cant show you how to park a boat I suck at it lol

I would pay good money to fish with the Jackel in PR! I'm sure the entertainment value would be worth every penny!

Ok, well i thought about posting one more post and thanks to Buckethead here ya go. Fishing on the beach has stayed pretty consistent some doing better than others. In the last 4 trips i have had a fish picked up on anothers line/downrigger 3 out of the 4 days. So on the last one, i am taking my Albertan friend out mooching to get him some fish as he has a hard time catching a cold on a winters day. So we go to East Point first pass we hook 3 springs he lands a dandy chrome 25 lb beauty. Then like that it turns right off, talked to another boat and he says same thing happened yesterday. I say to my buddy we are going to go to camper and pound the reefs.

So we arrive at camper another buddy says it is slow, i look in the distance and a moocher has the net out, good sign :) We proceed to put the lines in it is fast and furious, double headers, lost fish, missed fish, we bonk another 25 and 22 lb. My buddy is grinning and having the time of his life, oh and did i tell you he is dam near blind which makes the next part the best.

I put one rod back in, bam, off it goes, a good fish, peels a shitload of line out, i turn and chase it out to deeper water. As we chase the fish a couple of trollers, pedal to the metal coming at us, i yell once, twice finally on the third time one of them saunters out of the cab and looks at us with a bewildered look. I say you are going right on top of our fish, still the dumb look on his face. Ok so now i say lift your f'n gear, still that look, bam off goes his rod. He looks at me i think i have your fish, i say you dumb **** of course you do, i tell him to loosen his drag instead of enjoying the fight.

Now his line comes up on mine i tell my buddy cut his leader, remember the blind part, he grabs the mainline and cuts it and the flasher and leader fall into the chuck and float down into Davey's locker. Well that was awesome my buddy says i cut the wrong line
Ooops.gif
and i say yep. The guy proceeds to lose his **** bigtime, well that didn't go over well, i call him a few choice words
Really20Mad.gif
and then we proceed to net a beauty 29.5 lbs. Now the moral of the story Buckethead is pay attention to your **** out there just as you would driving your car. I must say everytime i think of my buddy cutting the line a big smile comes to my face. Tight lines
Pozitive.gif

Ok, well i thought about posting one more post and thanks to Buckethead here ya go. Fishing on the beach has stayed pretty consistent some doing better than others. In the last 4 trips i have had a fish picked up on anothers line/downrigger 3 out of the 4 days. So on the last one, i am taking my Albertan friend out mooching to get him some fish as he has a hard time catching a cold on a winters day. So we go to East Point first pass we hook 3 springs he lands a dandy chrome 25 lb beauty. Then like that it turns right off, talked to another boat and he says same thing happened yesterday. I say to my buddy we are going to go to camper and pound the reefs.

So we arrive at camper another buddy says it is slow, i look in the distance and a moocher has the net out, good sign :) We proceed to put the lines in it is fast and furious, double headers, lost fish, missed fish, we bonk another 25 and 22 lb. My buddy is grinning and having the time of his life, oh and did i tell you he is dam near blind which makes the next part the best.

I put one rod back in, bam, off it goes, a good fish, peels a shitload of line out, i turn and chase it out to deeper water. As we chase the fish a couple of trollers, pedal to the metal coming at us, i yell once, twice finally on the third time one of them saunters out of the cab and looks at us with a bewildered look. I say you are going right on top of our fish, still the dumb look on his face. Ok so now i say lift your f'n gear, still that look, bam off goes his rod. He looks at me i think i have your fish, i say you dumb **** of course you do, i tell him to loosen his drag instead of enjoying the fight.

Now his line comes up on mine i tell my buddy cut his leader, remember the blind part, he grabs the mainline and cuts it and the flasher and leader fall into the chuck and float down into Davey's locker. Well that was awesome my buddy says i cut the wrong line
Ooops.gif
and i say yep. The guy proceeds to lose his **** bigtime, well that didn't go over well, i call him a few choice words
Really20Mad.gif
and then we proceed to net a beauty 29.5 lbs. Now the moral of the story Buckethead is pay attention to your **** out there just as you would driving your car. I must say everytime i think of my buddy cutting the line a big smile comes to my face. Tight lines
Pozitive.gif
we want a seminar,we want a seminar,we want a seminar,with a one hr meet and greet after lol,VIP invitation send to Buckethead lol.The funny thing in all this Jackel is I listen to people at camp tell the same story all the time.There is also the wolf pack effect that come in to play all the time,when the pack see a fish being caught they all circle and head in that direction and most of the time you don't even have time to play your fish and they all on top of you,thats why I usually fish as the lone wolf away from most boats,i don't do as well as I would like too but when I do hit fish I get to enjoy instead of fighting for my fish.GOOD FOR YOU MY FRIEND,hope you do good hunting,and maybe I see you later on for coho.

Ooops.gif
Really20Mad.gif
Pozitive.gif
and this folks is exactly why I would pay big money to fish with "THE JACKEL!"

Renfrew fishing around Camper Creek was a **** show when I gave up fishing there almost 17 years ago. Boats going wherever they wanted...constantly cut offs on someone elses downrigger cable. Sounds like not much has changed

Renfrew fishing around Camper Creek was a **** show when I gave up fishing there almost 17 years ago. Boats going wherever they wanted...constantly cut offs on someone elses downrigger cable. Sounds like not much has changed
Chuck fishing in general as change over the years,i did the gipsy thing fishing diferent place over the years and the same happens all over, albernie inlet is one exemple, bamfield another and from reading some of nootka reports it looks like simmilar is hapening there.

If I wanted to fish East Point what land mark should I be looking for to determine where the closed area starts?

From my experience last year, East Point was a zoo!!
With more boats it will be even worse this year!
Boats zig zagging in every direction.
If you are new to fishing East Point, watch the guide boats carefully to determine proper pattern and procedure.
Same goes for Camper.

From my experience last year, East Point was a zoo!!
With more boats it will be even worse this year!
Boats zig zagging in every direction.
If you are new to fishing East Point, watch the guide boats carefully to determine proper pattern and procedure.
Same goes for Camper.

East point i call it the merry go round, boats 20ft apart circling that cove , when a fish gets hooked its funny to look at, i stay on the outside of it and do ok sometimes, morning is a bit of a **** show, but mid day and evenings is usually empty

fished friday- sunday from east point to camper and got a 13, 9 and 7. Coho killers seemed to work best for me. Lots of small shakers thrown back. Eastpoint was a zoo most mornings and had no luck there any of the days. Most of our fish were caught away from the pack, and I did not see very many nets out.

Back