2018 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Discussion in '2018 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2018.

1. SFBC

SFBC Admin Staff Member

Post your 2018 fishing reports here!

2. Buckethead905

Buckethead905 Member

Anybody been out for Hali yet?

3. Busterbrown

Busterbrown Active Member

yes...sure have

4. tidal shot

tidal shot Active Member

How’s the fishing been? Heading there next week to get the boat out of storage and ready for the summer!

5. Capt_Ed

Capt_Ed Active Member

Tidal Shot, saw you come in the other day when we were sitting in the boat on the phone . By the time I was off you were gone.

6. tidal shot

tidal shot Active Member

Just popped out for a few days, be back on June 23 for 4 weeks. Did good on halibut two measuring 105cm and picked up a 18lb spring so not to bad for just putting around for a couple days.

Will meet up when I get back.

7. Toba

Toba New Member

Heading up to Alders this weekend, many springs kicking around? I have always gone up to hali fish but as far as salmon goes I am not to sure. Back side of Malcolm aswell just in shalow? Is there any spots to fish closer in to alder bay if the weather doesn't behave?

8. Beacon

Beacon Member

Good luck Toba. I will be at telegraph cove the following week end for 1 week. Looking for any reports.

Cheers

9. Scavenger

Scavenger Member

Mitchell bay holds some salmon and is very protected. lizard point is semi shielded from the wind but has a better chance for salmon.

10. Capt_Ed

Capt_Ed Active Member

Not red hot here but we, or I should say she, has had fish every time we've been out. Seems like I've lost my touch as a fisherman but I'm still a hell of a guide.

Attached Files:

bigdogeh, RiverBoy, CBsqrd and 2 others like this.
  11. Capt_Ed

Capt_Ed Active Member

sorry ,not sure why the pic is so big and sideways. Have I mentioned lately how I hate computers

12. Capt_Ed

Capt_Ed Active Member

try again, I know there's a way to show the file but I can't remember how

Attached Files:

Stizzla likes this.
  13. Stizzla

Stizzla Well-Known Member

It works if you tap the image. Way to go Tracy! Is that in the tyee weight class? My guess is 37. Any other guesses?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  14. cammer

cammer Member

Very inexperienced lad to these parts , my brothers, in port Alice with a small boat , going up for late June wanting salmon and Hali , any good bets or hints appreciated

15. easydoesit

easydoesit Member

Check out the Winter Harbour threads and reports on fishing in Quatsino Sound.

16. Capt_Ed

Capt_Ed Active Member

Another beauty yesterday morning 32.7#.

32.7#.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2018
  17. bigbruce

bigbruce Crew Member

Alder Bay posted pics of a couple of nice springs yesterday as well...28 & 22.

18. ExFlyGuy

ExFlyGuy Well-Known Member

Heading up on Monday morning with the family for the week!

Any recent reports?

Bruce Lee likes this.
  19. Beacon

Beacon Member

4 springs 15 - 20 lbs. no coho seen

Stizzla likes this.
  20. Capt_Ed

Capt_Ed Active Member

Been the odd coho at the Cove but very few. Got a report from one of the pilot boats that a couple of Sockeye jumpers off Pine island. Hopefully they show up and we get an opportunity

Bruce Lee likes this.