2018 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

How’s the fishing been? Heading there next week to get the boat out of storage and ready for the summer!

Tidal Shot, saw you come in the other day when we were sitting in the boat on the phone . By the time I was off you were gone.

Tidal Shot, saw you come in the other day when we were sitting in the boat on the phone . By the time I was off you were gone.

Just popped out for a few days, be back on June 23 for 4 weeks. Did good on halibut two measuring 105cm and picked up a 18lb spring so not to bad for just putting around for a couple days.

Will meet up when I get back.

Heading up to Alders this weekend, many springs kicking around? I have always gone up to hali fish but as far as salmon goes I am not to sure. Back side of Malcolm aswell just in shalow? Is there any spots to fish closer in to alder bay if the weather doesn't behave?

Good luck Toba. I will be at telegraph cove the following week end for 1 week. Looking for any reports.

Cheers

Heading up to Alders this weekend, many springs kicking around? I have always gone up to hali fish but as far as salmon goes I am not to sure. Back side of Malcolm aswell just in shalow? Is there any spots to fish closer in to alder bay if the weather doesn't behave?

Mitchell bay holds some salmon and is very protected. lizard point is semi shielded from the wind but has a better chance for salmon.

Not red hot here but we, or I should say she, has had fish every time we've been out. Seems like I've lost my touch as a fisherman but I'm still a hell of a guide.

Attachments

• traceys big one.jpg
    876.8 KB · Views: 94
  • traceys big one.jpg
    876.8 KB · Views: 89
sorry ,not sure why the pic is so big and sideways. Have I mentioned lately how I hate computers

try again, I know there's a way to show the file but I can't remember how

Attachments

• traceys big one.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 108
try again, I know there's a way to show the file but I can't remember how
It works if you tap the image. Way to go Tracy! Is that in the tyee weight class? My guess is 37. Any other guesses?

Last edited:
Very inexperienced lad to these parts , my brothers, in port Alice with a small boat , going up for late June wanting salmon and Hali , any good bets or hints appreciated

Very inexperienced lad to these parts , my brothers, in port Alice with a small boat , going up for late June wanting salmon and Hali , any good bets or hints appreciated

Check out the Winter Harbour threads and reports on fishing in Quatsino Sound.

Been the odd coho at the Cove but very few. Got a report from one of the pilot boats that a couple of Sockeye jumpers off Pine island. Hopefully they show up and we get an opportunity

Back