Status
Not open for further replies.
HITW fished the morning as was not sure about those southwestern blowing around S Bowen. Nada for lures,hootchies,or bait. Tried all depths.

Just planning our first day out in almost two years and tried Google current tidal water regs available from DFO....do I get a result that offers anything remotely useful...no.
Go to their website and same deal...try and easily find the current updated "in a nutshell" regs for the Vancouver area let alone any area and they must have it buried deep in among the piles of other federal useless BS they have crammed on their site. It's no wonder people are fishing illegally. What a joke.
If anyone has the magical link would appreciate it.
Am I correct in springs not exceeding 85cm?
Thank you.

Just planning our first day out in almost two years and tried Google current tidal water regs available from DFO....do I get a result that offers anything remotely useful...no.
Go to their website and same deal...try and easily find the current updated "in a nutshell" regs for the Vancouver area let alone any area and they must have it buried deep in among the piles of other federal useless BS they have crammed on their site. It's no wonder people are fishing illegally. What a joke.
If anyone has the magical link would appreciate it.
Am I correct in springs not exceeding 85cm?
Thank you.

Download the fishing BC App its easier to navigate. Still can be tough to determine the exact regs, but easier than the website.

Went out early today to try and beat the wind. Took a friend along as well. I ran anchovies exclusively. Fished the flood at HITW and not a sniff. Moved to Cowan Point and went 0 for 5 on coho. Wind really came up and my guest was feeling ill so we pushed around to the leeward side of Cowan Point for a few hours. Nothing for us and didn’t see any activity among the boats that were there. Finished up fishing Point Atkinson to West Van. No hits and didn’t see any taken among the 6 or 7 other boats that were working the area. I was working depths between 20’ and 90’. Looking forward to this wind settling down - really restricts the options. Hope others had better luck out there today!

Thanks Rich.
Think we'll just head to Granite Falls and go for a dip and do some kayaking tomorrow but will fish around QA and Bowen Wednesday Thursday and get back with a report.

I see guys driving out of steveston area with trailer loads of salt ice. Not sure where there getting it from but I’m sure someone at the docks will know.

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells salt ice in the lower mainland?

Anyone out on the water this morning? Can you give an update on conditions.

Calm at HITW. Sloppy around Cowan’s pt getting very windy. Seals, assholes.

No reports? Heading out tommorrow. Thinking Bowen. Is 29 3 outside closures still open if so are there restrictions?

Is posting pictures of poaching boats allowed on this forum? I seem to recall them being removed as mods were fearful of getting sued/libel.

I have pictures of 4 boats.
I have observed 2 of these boats clearly engaged in illegal fishing/harvesting and reported to the ORR and met with some One in DFO. I also received a call back from someone about my report.

Happenstance....as serendipity would have it....I now know where 2 of the 3 are moored and none of them have any traps on board. I reported that the DFO as well.

I also have corroboration from a witness as to activities back at the docks and gave them they information.

I get the feeling manpower is an issue to nailing these dolts.

I’m going out tomorrow for crab and if things are ok and winds are calm will do some fishing in the morning. Do you guys monitor a channel , like 84 so we can share some local info on fish?

Is posting pictures of poaching boats allowed on this forum? I seem to recall them being removed as mods were fearful of getting sued/libel.

I have pictures of 4 boats.
I have observed 2 of these boats clearly engaged in illegal fishing/harvesting and reported to the ORR and met with some One in DFO. I also received a call back from someone about my report.

Happenstance....as serendipity would have it....I now know where 2 of the 3 are moored and none of them have any traps on board. I reported that the DFO as well.

I also have corroboration from a witness as to activities back at the docks and gave them they information.

I get the feeling manpower is an issue to nailing these dolts.
What's the worst that could happen they take them down? I'd love to see them. I'm a huge asshole and have a good arm.

I’m going out tomorrow for crab and if things are ok and winds are calm will do some fishing in the morning. Do you guys monitor a channel , like 84 so we can share some local info on fish?

88a in the US mode commercial station used by tug fleet and sportiest, kinda dead for fishing reports now, everyone just texts. I feel some community is a little lost out at sea now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back