Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of 16’ boats out there with 3 guys in it with a poorly maintained 75 horse on the back which can’t handle a 15 knot wind sauced up by an opposite direction tide push.

Sounds like you've been seeing me out there. 15 Knott isn't bad, but Friday whipped up a bit more than 5 to 15 knott as predicted. Government forecast error. Still no problem getting back just have to take it easy and put on the rain coat. Amazing what a 16 footer can handle though.

Be safe out there, no fish is worth your life and it isn't fun fishing in wind anyways. Pack it in early and head back.

Relax FM environment Canada forecasted calm winds. So doubt every forecast you read guys, dont go out. You might not make it lol

Calm winds? Was blowing pretty good a while ago ... you’d be surprised how fast things happen when boats lose power and bilge pumps stop working and a couple of good waves come over the stern or side and the boat capsizes.

The dead man I referenced in my earlier post was lipping me off earlier the same afternoon he drowned.

Things happen very fast out there when you least expect it. That’s a fact.

Fished SA yesterday with one last kick at the Sox.
Lots of fish ....... Tons still. Terrific run of fish this year.
Boy did that blow make things uncomfortable. Nasty matter fact, cleared out lots of boats.
Found best success at Gretzky.......99 feet haha. Google eye and glo heads at 22 and 26 inches. All red pink silver theme.

As for not showing pics of chinooks, fly at ER. Great shares. Beauty fish Realtime, congrats!

All this BS about save the SRKWHALES what a crock of shat. Been out numberous times locally. Only one Whale show, the rest of the trips Zero. And where they showed in the Harbour ........ Not even close to the quiet zone. Goes to show ya the rediculious decisions by DFO cattering to the Greens show. But guess who were harassing the Whales, yup all the local companies well within the 200 M zone. They ARE THE PROBLEM with interrupted feeding. This management of Chinook closures to Save the Killer Whale crap is just that. In the mean time the Harrasment boats, the Chasers, the leap froggers continue to pound on the Blackfish. Plus the FN netting continues untouched.

Spineless Governments continue to make stupid decisions. Not addressing the real issues. It is what it is so ......

FLY AT ER EVERYONE! It's been a terrific season for local Salmon Fishin and it's not over yet. Just my 3.5 cents

HT

So you mean to tell me everything DFO and UBC Fisheries scientists and WDFW et al. Is all fake news? Damn...I haven’t landed a TYEE in Vancouver waters in several years....I wish that were fake news.

Fished solo today with three rods, lots of bling. Started at 6am at NA. fished there for a couple hours and only saw 1 caught. Got one at 9am at 60ft in 500ft of water SW of NA. Missed a couple and that was it. Trolled to t10 and saw a couple more caught. Left at 2:30 with 1 fish; slow. Only saw small schools; hard to stay on top of.

Fished the NA from daylight until 11am. Landed 1 sock and a coho. Only saw one other fish netted. Both fish were at the depth of the Great One. Hopefully this isint it for sox!

Looked at all the forecasts and decided to give it a try. Left Brechin boat ramp this morning at about 0830. A bit lumpy heading across with a following sea and 1-2 foot rollers. About 1/2 way across it calmed down enough to pick up the pace and we arrived somewhere around 1000 AM. Stopped somewhere between T10 and the Sandheads. Could see plenty of boats at both locations but decided to stay away from the flotilla. Had two buddies onboard, both experienced fishers. Fished in the 350-450 range and saw sporadic schools of fish. First two fish caught were on pink with black hootchie. Switched the rest to the same as they had no hits. Ended up picking 6 sockeye in total and missed 2 or 3 that hit but were never really on. One of the guys had to be at work for 5 so we pulled out around 1430. All fish caught between 120 and 150 on the rigger with one dummy flasher per side. Pretty confident if we had stayed around we could have limited out in time. Decided to go back to Nanaimo via Porlier Pass. The run to Porlier was not too bad and then the run up the inside home was flat calm. All in all a great day. Nice sized fish. Thanks to all for the fishing advice and the weather reports. Cheers.

Went out yesterday and limited out in 2 hours, 8 socs in 2 hours at SH, unreal fishing....
Today was a normal Vancouver fishing day ...4 socs all day.
We should all be very fortunate that we have fishing like we do the last few weeks in local waters.
To go home with a fish in Vancouver waters is a privilege, get out there and enjoy, some big springs to be had as well and great sockeye fishing, be safe and respect other boaters while fishing.

Was just me or that is the way of salmon fishing. Today went SA 1pm to 6pm, not even one bite. Green flasher red hoochie. Fished 60' to 130', just no bite.

The reports are quiet today, I'm guessing the action was slow.
I can imagine 200 boats out there today.

Slow day for me. Started at NA, there by 745. Nothing for 2 hours. Sandheads - tried 100ft if water all the way out to 500ft. Nothing. Took the pink squirts off and out chovies on, had a fish on in less than 30 seconds @55ft in 350ft. Decent chinook but Lost it at the boat. Moved to T10 @ 3 for one last go. Immediately landed a 16lb white. That was it. 2 bites the whole day.

Skunked today. 2 hours for sockeye. 3 hours for Chinook. At North Arm. Not a single bite.

Did see more sockeye jumping today than previously but couldn’t entice a bite.

well over 200 boats at one point..
then the bite really tanked when the 20 or so blackfish came through around 2:30
DFO / RCMP also made their rounds
and touched base with as many
as they could...mentioning to give
way allowing 100 metres ..lifting
gear and powering down when inside
this zone.

20180901_152331.jpg

Started off dead slow as welll at NA. Went in tight 250 ft of water and found a few schools went 4/7 and called it a day. Fished shallow 50-65 ft. Nice sized fish and fresh.

Anyone out this morning on the water to send an update on the wind and water conditions? The forecast is showing big NW blow and the EC has also posted a wind warning. Not sure what the actual conditions are though....

Attachments

• FD197255-A657-4B8E-ACE6-C474BCDCB2C0.jpeg
    FD197255-A657-4B8E-ACE6-C474BCDCB2C0.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back