Status
Not open for further replies.
20 min's? When in the room and thinking about fishing I leave my socks on foaming about Sox and then go look at fishing gear . :D:p

Your 2 day Sox limit only applies to when you are away from your principle residence, like all possession limits . If you are taking them "home" you don't have to be peeing bright orange to fish 3 days in a row with limits. ;)
So no possession limit in your principal home location, you could have the spare bedroom full of em

So no possession limit in your principal home location, you could have the spare bedroom full of em

(p) Possession limit
The maximum number of fish you can have in your possession at any given time, except for what is at your ordinary residence.

I wondered about this too. I guess you can fill your boots and bedrooms but how much do we really need? We can have fresh almost every month of the year no?

Fished NA 7 - 9 boxed one big sockeye early. Saw lots caught, just not in our boat. 50 - 70.
Moved down to SA managed 2 more sox and an 18# red spring. Basically same depth, moved them up and down to try and entice a bite. Followed to 200 contour, basically followed the comie trollers. They were slaying them! I should have pulled my binocs out to see if I could see what they were using. Marked a ton of fish but couldn't get into them.

We had green on one side and orange on the other. 3 dummies each side and ran 4 rods. All with pink squirts.
Haven't tried those ones with the glow head... do you think they really make a difference?

Solo for me at sandheads 7:30-2. To make it fun I ran three rods with gear at 40-50-60, which is quite a skills test with 120+ others around you and everyone going different directions. Went 3 for 8 or so and had to leave in the middle of when the big schools came in mid flood around 2.

Only lost two due to crossed gear when fish went apeshit next to boat. Lost another other trying to lift the fish over the side instead of netting it. Key to getting the fish when solo: 1) don’t stop when hooked up, 2) horse the fish in, don’t let it own you, 3) point rod tip down when fish close to boat and walk them into the net while their head not being lifted.

Had a blast, will improve ratio next outing.

(p) Possession limit
The maximum number of fish you can have in your possession at any given time, except for what is at your ordinary residence.

I wondered about this too. I guess you can fill your boots and bedrooms but how much do we really need? We can have fresh almost every month of the year no?
Sweet, looks like I'm fishing sockeye in the morning. Heading out with my son, he is the good luck so should be a good day. Fish or no fish it will be good to spend time with him.

Well sounds like I missed the am bite today. Went out with my girls today to see how we could do. Didn't get out off sandheads till after 10 am. Went north a bit on the 200 foot area. Right away cali got a sockeye right by the boat but came off before I could scoop. Next she reeled in a nice wild coho we released. Then it went dead. I don't think we had another bite till after 1 pm. Caught a shaker, then a nice coho that the girls reeled in and came off as soon as I grabbed the rod to position for netting... poor form dad. Then we nailed three more sockeye and by 3pm she was dead again. Fished till 730 pm all over out to 400 foot right to the front of Sandheads lighthouse. Hundreds of boats and not a whole lot happening. Quite unlike my after work jaunt last Wednesday. Still great day out! 20180821_151542.jpg FD1.jpg 20180821_170544.jpg

Attachments

• FD2.jpg
    FD2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
i was at the NA for an hour then and SA last night from 3-8:30. Didnt see a net or a bouncing rod all night and was paying a lot of attention to the fleet. Good on you Party and Manilokai for grinding out a couple.

Very very slow in great seas at sand heads this morning, going back to MacDonald beach in smoke you can get lost without gps. Careful

Last edited:
I went yesterday fishing south arm from 7 to 3 pm,hook around 30 fish ,got limit of 12 sok ,I am not a great fisherman so I think from the report I see was my good day,80 ft to 50ft on rigger mostly far away from other boats,,had 7 fish at 9 am,then until 2 pm I lost 10 fish one after another then a 2 pm went fishing on the pack and I was able to put the other 5 on the cooler,look like the pink hoocy work better than other bait,I hope keep improving so we all can have a fun,see you on the water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back