Status
Not open for further replies.
Came thru the NA area into the harbour about 1 1/2 hours ago on the way back from the Gulf Islands. Resisted the temptation to drop the lines as the 1st and 2nd mates wouldn’t have enjoyed fishing in the slop. Winds weren’t bad (+/- 15) but the combination of the swell, wind and river mouth had built the water up a bit.

Out at sandheads 6am slow to begin..hard to fish in that *****, got 10 for the usual 20 lol. Lots of flash hootchs at 90-95 and only bring one side up at a time, after that side is back down then bring the other side up. Once you get a school following your school you dont want to lose them til ur done. I broke off one entire side today ball dummies everything, tried to fish with one side got 1 then it was over not a bite after that

tired eyes say..i like to see the
fishies...;)
Fair enough.....how's the catching going? That speed might be a bit fast too at 3.22kn - although as long as you have a 35 degree angle....I guess that doesn't matter :D

Was some good pushes of nice springs on the flood sat + sun. A good handful each day 12 - 20+. We had a contender for second or third in the Derby sat, handed it over to weigh boat and our net broke as they were bringing it in... fish gone. All fish on whole herring or cutplugs over dummies.

Video from yesterday. My friend "Old Man Bud".
He was hard core fisherman back in the day, but now suffers from Parkinson's disease. Eventually I'll be pushing his wheel chair down the dock and plunking him in the boat seat. Still love fishing with this guy.

As far as I know, for those having Parkinson's disease, the best treatment is to let them do what they like, like fishing, that will rejuvenate some deep brain cells. Thanks for sharing the video, some of my deep brain cells got rejuvenated too.

Damn, windalert is showing increase to 23mph right now at sandheads. anyone out there that can confirm? Want to see how accurate they are!

Damn, windalert is showing increase to 23mph right now at sandheads. anyone out there that can confirm? Want to see how accurate they are!

Although I don't like their forecasts.....the live conditions from EC echo that same wind speed at Sandheads being NW 21

All signs (windytv/EC etc) point to a sloppy time I'd say....

Fishweather shows 23 NW.
I had the day off today but decided to stay put. Tomorrow looks good but I’m pretty busy at work for the rest of the week. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back