Status
Not open for further replies.
Windy.ca says 14k winds out there right now , is this not a good app then . How can it be calm with this much wind. Am I missing something . Enlighten me please someone, I want to go fishing .

Windy.ca says 14k winds out there right now , is this not a good app then . How can it be calm with this much wind. Am I missing something . Enlighten me please someone, I want to go fishing .
I agree- the app and the government site are rarely accurate

Alright fellas

Looks like some of you need help to catch these socs.Its a very simple set up.This is for a single wire set up the first thing to know is you want to run your gear tight to your downriggers.so space out your three or four dummy fishers aprox 5-7 ft apart.The space from the dummy flasher to the rigger wire use 3ft of cord ,rope, mono whatever you use.You need to take off the ring and swivel off the loose end of the dummy flashers'n old timer salty dog told me they don't like the noise from the hard ware of the dummies.then 5- 7 ft up you put you first flasher with your pink hootchie then 5- 7 ft up another set up.Now the flashers with the hooks you run it 4 ft away from your downriggers line this way everything is consistent going up the line.So yes you need a lot of flashers It doesn't matter what color they are trust me,I have 10 flashers just set up for soc fishing and when not using them put them away for two years from now.. now if your having trouble with the clips sliding up the line its because you need to put two or three stoppers next to each other then they lock and no sliding occurs.next thing is speed you can do the obvious by going the same speed as people you see catching fish or you can go fairly slow but turn back and fourth so one side is fishing a little faster then the other if they start biting on the fast side then you know you have to speed up.some like it fast some slower depends which school your into.look for the jumping schools then getting there !! as for leader length i like a little longer so i can travel a little quicker which helps bit ime in wind and current like 29 in good luck!!!!!

Tight lines
Billydoo

Windy and Environment Canada both say 11 @ Sandheads. In my opinion.....perfectly fine for fishing; you are also on an ebbing tide right now.

Windy IS a good app and from what I have seen....more often than not it is WAY better than EC. ;);););)

Leaving from South Arm at 11:45 with the kids,Windy says 12 knots and 18 gusts, is that what people are seeing right now?
Thanks

Can one still get out the north arm with that Tug problem there? Has anyone been out that way today ? Thanks .

Friend just called me and said Mcdonald Beach launch is closed. Can anyone comfirm this . I has a message from him and could not get back to him .

Ok he just got back to me ,heard it on the New 1130 .

Last edited:
Friend just called me and said Mcdonald Beach launch is closed. Can anyone comfirm this . I has a message from him and could not get back to him .

Ok he just got back to me ,heard it on the New 1130 .
the park is closed to walkers and dogs because of diesel in the water,but the launch is still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back