2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Discussion in '2018 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by fishin_magician, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain PartyMarty

Captain PartyMarty Well-Known Member

evenings have been pretty good for us, but not as hot as the morning.

2. fishnwhenIcan

fishnwhenIcan Well-Known Member

I had two crab traps go missing off of UBC on Saturday. If anyone comes across them the floats are marked Kelleher with my phone #. Pull them and keep them if you like. They were dropped on the high, weighted and had an extra 25' of weighted line. Searched for them for an hour on Saturday and an hour on Sunday on the low. Sorry, back to reports.

3. The Weasel

The Weasel Member

MP15 pink hootchie with a green hotspot flasher. All four rods same gear.

ScapeBoat and Rain City like this.
  4. Reelin In The Years

Reelin In The Years Active Member

I have blue balls.
    Would that be good for fishing, too!

Stizzla, Killeraye and Rain City like this.
  5. Manolaki

Manolaki Member

Sure! If you hang dummy flashers off of them!

6. ScapeBoat

ScapeBoat Active Member

They already have a big dummy hanging off of them.

Sorry, had to bite.

Stizzla and Rain City like this.
  7. Manolaki

Manolaki Member

LMAO, that's just mean

MagicBox likes this.
  8. Skins88

Skins88 Member

I did well Saturday and Sunday evening.

9. Normfish

Normfish Well-Known Member

IMG-20180827-WA0005.jpg Out fishing at Sandheads by 6am hit and landed a 25 pound white on Sockeye gear by 6:20, great start . Next came a Hatchery Coho . While dealing with the Coho , another rod goes off, a nice red 15 pound spring in the box as well now .
    Then we went , 7 for 13 on Sockeye
    All fish on pink squirts with red and green flashers . Caught fish from 200 to 600 feet of water . Riggers were at 70 and 50 at all depths.

10. slaydown

slaydown Active Member

Hit north arm at about 7am today and had 7 in the boat by 9. Switched to spoons trying for a spring but no luck. We headed out of the north arm south for a couple km and in about 600ft of water. We ran between 40 and 60ft deep

11. Tightlines22

Tightlines22 Well-Known Member

A5F71382-F035-4C0D-B1C0-3B6BBBFA1147.jpeg 5C22475A-79FA-4A85-A4CF-462DE077C4AA.jpeg We got out tonight at the south arm. Immediatly hooked a double header and got those in. Then got a couple more before hooking a freight train. My bud thought he had a seal. All caught 60-70’ on pink squirts. Beautiful evening and steady action.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    kingblazer84, barkerfam, Crow and 7 others like this.
  12. Alex_c

Alex_c Active Member

Saw you guys land that one, what a slab!

I went 4 for 7 this afternoon at SA. Had a newbie on board and was letting her play fish so there was a learning curve and a few lost. Last fish of the day felt like a spring on my light spinning rod with 12 lb test line on it. Must have had a nick in it because it broke the main line and I lost the flasher/lure The fish is probably still dragging it around - hope he learns his lesson.

13. Ian wagner

Ian wagner Active Member

Why are you using 12 lb test in this troll fishery

Tugcapitan and cammer like this.
  14. Corey_lax

Corey_lax Well-Known Member

I’m not speaking for him, but I like to throw down every rod I got if it’s suitable. A lake rod with 12 lbs test seems fine for socks if it means another rod in the water.

Alex_c and Killeraye like this.
  15. Alex_c

Alex_c Active Member

3rd rod, coho spinning river setup but it catches fish. Too cheap to buy 4 trolling setups, so I use whatever can drag a sockeye to the boat.

Corey_lax, dmurph and Killeraye like this.
  16. The Weasel

The Weasel Member

32lber.png

Stizzla, walleyes, Dogbreath and 2 others like this.
  17. seatosky

seatosky Well-Known Member

Lines down. Gorgeous morning, flat calm.

Update : ended up with 8 in the box and lost way too many. All were deep (100’), 500’ of water off the middle arm.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    xmrmitch and Gator like this.
  18. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

Im at T10. Saw a big school so I stopped. One hit that didn't stick but that's it.

19. spoiler

spoiler Active Member

how big was that Chinook?

20. UkeeDreamin

UkeeDreamin Well-Known Member

Because it’s called SPORT fishing. Sockeye can be great sportfish on light tackle. Many just want to meat fish in this sockeye fishery, and that’s fine, but so is trying to maximize the fun!

Cheers!

Ukee

ronin2024, walleyes, Alex_c and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.