Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Taking a quick trip out the south arm with wife and two young kids today. Wind looks ok but anybody got a reel time report. Thanks and tight lines

Wopper

Out fishing by 615am. Fished out in 350ft.
Down 60 to 88 ft. Pink hootch. Short leader.
Green or red flasher. Landed 3 by 7am.
Hit a big school. Things went crazy. 8 for 9.
Lost a nice spring. Had to leave 1030.
Back tomorrow.

So I thought I’d try something out today. I ran all green dummy’s on star and all blue on port. Gear down at 625 at sandheads. Hit all my proven marks for 3 hrs then moved to north arm and tryed there. Current was mental and it put my port rigger line into my kicker and everything sheared off. 3 blue dummy’s and a brand new 20 lb ball gone. Never had a bite in 8 hrs. Worst day ever Sox fishing. I blame the blue flashers.

Got spanked off NA today... had errands so didn't get rods down til 930..... chowder show on my end 1 for 6 in first hour then dead as a door nail for rest of day...,any of you guys/gals find em off the north arm this afternoon? Seemed to be schools around just no biters for us

So I thought I’d try something out today. I ran all green dummy’s on star and all blue on port. Gear down at 625 at sandheads. Hit all my proven marks for 3 hrs then moved to north arm and tryed there. Current was mental and it put my port rigger line into my kicker and everything sheared off. 3 blue dummy’s and a brand new 20 lb ball gone. Never had a bite in 8 hrs. Worst day ever Sox fishing. I blame the blue flashers.

Only my opinion from experience - but blue flashers are nearly as bad as bananas! Never...

Not an epic day for me as well. 2 hits and 2 lines snapped. That current at NA was brutal for me as well. Spent more time untangling than fishing. Ended the day when boat started flashing low on fuel. Ya alot of boats out today spread everywhere. Congrats to those that found schools and for others we live to fish another day

Got 8 today at sandheads. North of the pack in 350-400. Never really got crazy and seemed to die off altogether around 1130. We picked up and tried the north arm but it was ugly so we bailed.
All blue gear.
Still no sounder.

Last edited:
I have a set of green and a set of red ready for as soon as these blue stop working. Until then I'll gladly keep fishing them. :cool:

I fished the NA yesterday from 11:00 till 4:00 with two nephews. Arrived to find all boats fishing outside the river water. We tried the same for a bit and then decided to jump into that dirty water. Felt like rebels but it paid off quickly with two socks. Nothing on the sounder in 3-400 feet but managed another sock and a 13 lb red. Lost another effin’ ball, Konezone and two flashers. I should’ve checked the damn braid. I’m such an idiot. Time to get some new...and cable maybe? All socks on my one and only blue flasher

Attachments

• 72523A83-F98B-4CAA-A6AA-1B776EB28C9F.jpeg
    72523A83-F98B-4CAA-A6AA-1B776EB28C9F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
I fished the NA yesterday from 11:00 till 4:00 with two nephews. Arrived to find all boats fishing outside the river water. We tried the same for a bit and then decided to jump into that dirty water. Felt like rebels but it paid off quickly with two socks. Nothing on the sounder in 3-400 feet but managed another sock and a 13 lb red. Lost another effin’ ball, Konezone and two flashers. I should’ve checked the damn braid. I’m such an idiot. Time to get some new...and cable maybe? All socks on my one and only blue flasher
Check your pulley might have a burr cutting the braid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back