Status
Not open for further replies.
Smell. I find the reds to have a different look. Stubby heads compared to whites. A bit different in shape and colour when they start to change post spawn. Spotting and colour. U can sometimes tell under gill plate as well. Sometimes i have been fooled not knowing until I clean the fish. The whites are just as good table fair when ocean fresh. Once they turn they are smoker fare.

got our 8 today,

Found a school and pulled our last 4 in about 5 minutes... lots of fun!

j0hSi4m.jpg

Just reading the last few pages of reports and some ppl annoyed not doin as well as others and blue flashers gonna weigh in for some newbies looking for some tips and prolly ****** jinx myself hard for next time I hit the Chuck but so far tubbed out quick every trip...

-Haven't run a blue flashers in my life
-2 dummies per side has worked fine for me
-Been running all red flashers nothin else
-Short leaders foot and a half rougly
Only run the same 4 googly eyed wild things all season actually haven't even changed them out
I love them and recommend Google them and buy some off the guy few of my buddies have this season and dude on the island had quick shipping but I'm sure any pink hootchies work just what I been using
-Ran same depths all season 62 and 63 dummies at the ball up 5 feet another dummy then rods 6-7 feet above them
- don't be afraid to fish outside of the pack just cause the fleet is there doesn't mean anyone is catching ****
- I always start way out 600 ish and turn in 30 degrees and do a big tact towards shore to try and locate fish when I first drop for the day to cover the depths and find some fish hasn't failed me yet
- and if I haven't hit **** in 40 min I pull up rip a few k out or over and drop down and start fresh sometimes that's all it takes

Just my 230 am blabbin on lol but definitely just jinxed myself I'll be asking for tips next week!

Just dropped in north arm for sox. Little roll out here but pretty nice overall so weather not an issue at this point. Small handful of boats out here now. No fish in first 2 mins

Just reading the last few pages of reports and some ppl annoyed not doin as well as others and blue flashers gonna weigh in for some newbies looking for some tips and prolly ****** jinx myself hard for next time I hit the Chuck but so far tubbed out quick every trip...

Only run the same 4 googly eyed wild things all season actually haven't even changed them out
I love them and recommend Google them and buy some off the guy few of my buddies have this season and dude on the island had quick shipping but I'm sure any pink hootchies work just what I been using
-Ran same depths all season 62 and 63 dummies at the ball up 5 feet another dummy then rods 6-7 feet above them
- don't be afraid to fish outside of the pack just cause the fleet is there doesn't mean anyone is catching ****
- I always start way out 600 ish and turn in 30 degrees and do a big tact towards shore to try and locate fish when I first drop for the day to cover the depths and find some fish hasn't failed me yet
- and if I haven't hit **** in 40 min I pull up rip a few k out or over and drop down and start fresh sometimes that's all it takes

Just my 230 am blabbin on lol but definitely just jinxed myself I'll be asking for tips next week!

That’s one queer looking unit

Attachments

• B929F954-28E7-4FA4-9DAA-257DD7DBF375.jpeg
    B929F954-28E7-4FA4-9DAA-257DD7DBF375.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 175

Hi Scalper66, I had never seen a googly eyed wild thing until I read your post. When I looked it up I see there are several different patterns of this. I'm just curious what pattern you are using? If you don't want to say then no problem.

Anyone out at the NA this morning yet? Curious how the wind is...

I'll do the testing for you guys. I have acquired a number of the "*****" sok lures from a private vendor who swears they're the best (only $69 each! Even less than Kone Zones!)
Will fish 1 side with blue flashers and the other side with green and will report backView attachment 39770
That should get mostly female fish along with the odd Male. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'll do the testing for you guys. I have acquired a number of the "*****" sok lures from a private vendor who swears they're the best (only $69 each! ATTACH]39770[/ATTACH]

I think the Hot Pink in ***** mode would out perform the New Blue colour recommended by some.
Just my opinion.

Cleaned up a couple posts and sending a reminder to everyone else. Our posting guidelines state that personal issues or attacks are not to be posted in the forum. While we are at it, this is a family friendly forum so let's not get carried away with the adult oriented content.

Lately I've been finding schools and marking them on the gps but by the time I turn around for another pass I've lost the school. On Tuesday trying to get our last two fish I started zig zagging very hard (180* each way) and not only did it help stay on the school, it seemed like I was getting way more bites (went 2 for 5 in about ten minutes). Might be something to try for those getting less bites or passing thru a school with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back