2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fellas
A little birdie told me that ferrier will be open till aug 1 this year instead of july 15 hope the info is right,,,

Tight Lines
Billydoo
Any rumor if they will be a over/ under? would be nice to see at least over/under for the July 15 regulation change vs full closure.

if i recall correctly they didn’t have the chinook map / regs out till the first week of july last year

Something to consider on a side note...
If you are trailer-ing your rig out Tahsis way you may want to consider armoring your hull and maybe more.
There are new 'paved' sections that are not quite 'set' yet and, they tend to throw the aggregate freely.
Hope this helps...
Oh and fish are coming in now...

greenhournet, one day they did well at Wash Rock and then the Reef was good 2 days later.

chromatose007, I'm not sure if that info was for me but I would never beat the **** out of my baby up that road. It's a one hour drive down the inlet with NO DUST and is normally flat calm in the AM or PM. I've seen guys drag there boat into Cougar Creek to find a roller fell off and then had the bar go right thru the hull from that road.

Hello codfather thanks or the info had a buddy up there last week said he got some nice fish out below bajo in the horseshoe so I was wondering if your friends did the same wash rock is a great spot especially in a nw wind lol
Cheers

Could anyone kindly point me (perhaps by PM if there is a concern) towards where the Bajo "Horseshoe" is?

much appreciated

Just over a month away for the first time. Getting excited to try a new area.

We are Planning our first ever trip to nootka (critter cove) in July. I have never launched out of gold river. Does anyone have any advice or report/issues on the launch and parking accommodations there. Looking at 3 to 5 day trip, 23 ft boat.
Thank you

I go up next wednesday for ten nights !!! looking forward to it big derby at moutchabay,hopefully we will win it again this year but there is a lot of great fisherman that fish in the derby lolol got to be lucky to be good.... Pay attention to small details.

Bird man the horseshoe is the east end of bajo two points that sick out look like the ends of a horseshoe.aprox 70 ft water but if you get to close to the reef it comes up to 10 ft instantly so better to ease into that tac.there is a wall that is west of the west point of the shoe that holds a lot of lead on it I know from slamming my balls into it in the learning years.just stay off those points out to the red whistle bouy, you'll be fine usually find springs on the bottom..good luck stay safe.lets hope the fishing will be as hot as the weather!!!

Tight lines
Billydoo

We are Planning our first ever trip to nootka (critter cove) in July. I have never launched out of gold river. Does anyone have any advice or report/issues on the launch and parking accommodations there. Looking at 3 to 5 day trip, 23 ft boat.
Thank you

The launch used to be a complete **** show; the band finally have added some docks now. not sure what kind of boat you have, but at low tide the launch still drops off at the end i believe. seen many a trailer dropped off the end of the launch and guys still unable to launch or retrieve until the tide comes in a bit. One of the band members is always there to collect money for the launch and for parking. will cost you around $60-80 with launch if you want secure parking for the length of time you stayed.no one usually has issues parking on the road. as has been discussed in threads past, do your self a favour and go early in the am or later in the evening. the outflows in Muchalat inlet are terrible making it an uncomfortable sloppy ride.ill be there for my annual third week of july trip. hopefully the fish show up this time....

Last edited:
The launch used to be a complete **** show; the band finally have added some docks now. not sure what kind of boat you have, but at low tide the launch still drops off at the end i believe. seen many a trailer dropped off the end of the launch and guys still unable to launch or retrieve until the tide comes in a bit. One of the band members is always there to collect money for the launch and for parking. will cost you around $60-80 with launch if you want secure parking for the length of time you stayed.no one usually has issues parking on the road. as has been discussed in threads past, do your self a favour and go early in the am or later in the evening. the outflows in Muchalat inlet are terrible making it an uncomfortable sloppy ride.ill be there third week of july. hopefully the fish show up this time

Back