2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

update for this morning
was fishing at daybreak
weedy problem was not that bad today
interesting thing was hit 3 springs deep [210]on a plug, released 2 then took a 18
switched over to coho gear up top on the way home hit a plus 20 at 125 ft on a small spoon
lost him at the boat as he wrapped my downrigger line, joys of solo fishing, was going to be released anyway, but he got one of my best spoons, damn.

Anyone have a report on how the water is out front. Hoping to head out with the kids after work. It looks like the wind has picked up a bit on the Columbia Beach webcam.

Thanks for the info guys. Caught a few undersized on a plug then it seemed to turn off so I tried a green onion flasher with an old red and white hoochie at 210’ and picked up a nice 15 pounder

I have a few new plugs in an assortment of tackle that I bought from the guy who sold me my boat. Some have single hooks, some have treble hooks and some have 2 treble hooks in tandem. Can the ones with 2 trebles be used here ? or do I have to change the hooks ?

Now that we're all 'plugged in'

Out yesterday for the evening. Managed a small 10/12lbs that I released boatside on an army truck hootchie. 185/230 north hump. Coho a plenty too.

Anyone ever done business with that guy at the orange bridge who sells gear at the little flea market they have on sunday? I've heard of several down rigger thefts in the PQB area recently and have seen him with some DR's for sale. Not accusing him, but also don't want to buy stolen gear.

Now that we're all 'plugged in'

Out yesterday for the evening. Managed a small 10/12lbs that I released boatside on an army truck hootchie. 185/230 north hump. Coho a plenty too.

Anyone ever done business with that guy at the orange bridge who sells gear at the little flea market they have on sunday? I've heard of several down rigger thefts in the PQB area recently and have seen him with some DR's for sale. Not accusing him, but also don't want to buy stolen gear.
Another criminal I think you can catch. You should place a bug on him and follow him with binoculars for a week or two. See if you can bust him. I also doubt he’s paying taxes on his stolen downriggers so you should notify CRA immediately, if not sooner.
It also could be that they were “bargain buys” and he was one of those losers who waited outside the store all night to buy them. Likely while smoking pot.
You got this!
Edit: he’s probably just a lying fisherman, and they are not Scotty downriggers, they are Shotty downriggers. Please stick to reports.

pretty slow this am on the humps although a lot of bait on the inside of the big hump got a couple clipped coho 205' hoochies

Fished sunday from 5 am until 1 pm. Had 3 bites of which none stuck. Tried everything from hootchies to spoons all depths.

Nada

Back