2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

I would strongly recommend that nobody else move to the Island. We get a lot of rain and some pretty big wind storms. You may be better off where you are at. :)

I would strongly recommend that nobody else move to the Island. We get a lot of rain and some pretty big wind storms. You may be better off where you are at. :)
Not only that the ferries stop during the storms and we are stuck here - add to that no water in Nanaimo - its tough sledding.

Not only that the ferries stop during the storms and we are stuck here - add to that no water in Nanaimo - its tough sledding.
And we only just got power back late last night - the island is absolutely the last kid on the block to be supported for sure - truly not a good place to be,

Back to the thread heading, I hope to get out (weather permitting) between now and New Years. Would likely poke around the Humps, Ballenas, Gerald, etc. What would be 2-3 useful combination and depths that people would suggest?

Had a good end to the year on the humps this afternoon. Fished from 1 til 3:30 with two kept springs, two fish lost and one ling cod released. All fish were on hootchies off the bottom. The two springs were 9 or 10 lbs.

Back