2018 Nanaimo Reports

Discussion in '2018 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Dave....

Dave.... New Member

me too...i might go out to Thrasher this weekend and have seen a report on hot winter spring fishing up the Strait a bit...wondering if there is any chum action or springs to be had ??

2. RBL

RBL Active Member

I wouldn’t count on catching Chum around Thrasher but there’s always feeder springs around.

3. Ron Willis

Ron Willis New Member

Went out for 3.5 hours today. Lots of gillnets and seines setting. Never had a bite, no jumpers and nothing on the sounder. Don’t know what the nets are catching but saw one seine set and nothing in it. Hope they’re paying for their fuel costs. Should of went out three weeks ago.

4. Tsquared

Tsquared Well-Known Member

They’re probably fishing for stamps. (UI)

5. Bordeau

Bordeau Active Member

What do you mean by stamps?

6. Tsquared

Tsquared Well-Known Member

Unemployment benefits for the off season. If you don’t have income showing in enough weeks, even small income, you’re not eligible for benefits

Whitebuck likes this.
  7. Bordeau

Bordeau Active Member

Makes sense now. Thanks T.

8. islander55

islander55 Well-Known Member

There fishing chums

9. chevyshaulass

chevyshaulass Well-Known Member

doesn't work that way with commercial fishing EI, hours don't mean anything, you have to make xxxx dollars to qualify.

10. tubber

tubber Well-Known Member

It used to be by the week.
    If the boat delivered fish to a processor or packer, even a few fish, the crew was good for that week. Has it changed?

11. TipUp

TipUp Active Member

Anyone been fishing Tent Island recently? Planning on getting out over the holidays.

12. Salmon-slayer

Salmon-slayer New Member

Soon as this weather subsides I’ll be out !