2018 Haida Gwaii Reports

1 a day until July 9th, then back to 2 with 4 possession. Thank god I am going up on July 13th when last year I went up July 6th.

How are the lodge guides going to convince a customer to release a big Chinook
now when the catch limit is 1 - per day ?
These reg's were not well planned.
Can't speak for other guides or lodges but I'll do it by educating them on the issues and our reasoning behind releasing the big ones. I don't mind the new regs if the other sectors also reduce their catch but it will all be for naught if they still let them gillnet every river. This is going to take some time before we see any positive results.

Is this where the updates for Kitimat and Rupert will be posted also ? I couldn't find them listed
a challenge to find chinook catch online but areas 3,4,5 are severe: June 1-15 -1 /day, June 16-July 9- 0/day, July 10-31- 1/day .going to be tough to make it as a charter op

A friend of mine got back today from fishing Masset. First 2 days were very slow. Yesterday it turned an he released a dozen Chinook between 10-20lbs. Apparently spoons where the ticket (white green).
He also caught a 75# Hali in 30’ of water

A friend of mine got back today from fishing Masset. First 2 days were very slow. Yesterday it turned an he released a dozen Chinook between 10-20lbs. Apparently spoons where the ticket (white green).
He also caught a 75# Hali in 30’ of water
It’s heating up just for you!

Here is to hoping! 10 more days!!

Biggest for me so far is 26, which is also the biggest for the lodge. Been a tough first trip but I managed to get my guests into a couple nice ones. Lots of humpbacks and baitballs out there now so if theyes coming they should be here soon. I've never seen it this slow here before but I have faith they're on the way.

a challenge to find chinook catch online but areas 3,4,5 are severe: June 1-15 -1 /day, June 16-July 9- 0/day, July 10-31- 1/day .going to be tough to make it as a charter op

1. im just looking for the fishing reports for Rupert and Kitimat ..... would this be the correct forum ? ill be heading out shortly and would post an update.

Biggest for me so far is 26, which is also the biggest for the lodge. Been a tough first trip but I managed to get my guests into a couple nice ones. Lots of humpbacks and baitballs out there now so if theyes coming they should be here soon. I've never seen it this slow here before but I have faith they're on the way.

Thanks for the update man! I had a buddy fish out of Masset last week & the last day the tide brought in a big run of fish & it was on fire. Sounds like they just need some bait to show up.

Does anyone fish around Rennell Sound? I was last there in 2010 and it was fantastic for salmon....I am looking for suggestions for Halibut. Any tips? Rennell Reef?

I am at Hippa Island June 14th. Hope its as good as it was last year.

Does the Langara Lodge supply descending devises to the guest who are self guided? Also do the guides use them?

I was happy to see WCR using them last year in every boat.
Hey ILHG,
One week until you leave. I am off to Rennell sound this summer. Would you let me know how you make out at Hippa. Not optomistic with what DFO is saying and last year was not steller either

Will do man

Back