2018 Gulf Island Reports

Nice! did you find the sockeye in tight at Salamanca or offshore? I'll be over this long weekend and will try some sockeye fishing out that way. cheers

Shaker city at Salamanca for the last few outings, all over the column - total waste of time.

Finally got on top of the Sockeye, active on the early AM bite, tide doesn't seem to matter much.

I will be out tomorrow at (Wednesday August 29) at 6AM - hope to see some of you out there.

Nice! did you find the sockeye in tight at Salamanca or offshore? I'll be over this long weekend and will try some sockeye fishing out that way. cheers

They're moving around, but we happened into them in deeper (~500) contours 50-100' down.

nobody out fishing in the gulf islands these days? Gotta be a few winter/resident fish around right? I will be spending some time at galiano over the holidays and plan to get on the water a few times. Will probably tack Salamanca or Porlier as a start but lots of good inside fishing options as well around Saltspring, etc. I'll need to read up on the regs again to make sure I know the closure areas. Hope to see a few boats out there....and a few reports before the year ends!

Back