2018 Fraser Sockeye

Still looks like their is good numbers in area 20, Should be good fishing on the outside for the opening.

upload_2018-7-31_9-11-57.png

Anyone seeing g schools or jumpers at the south or north arm? T10? Are they here in numbers yet? I heard it's starting to pick up. Going to hit the water sometime in the next week. Will report with pics and results.

Anyone seeing g schools or jumpers at the south or north arm? T10? Are they here in numbers yet? I heard it's starting to pick up. Going to hit the water sometime in the next week. Will report with pics and results.

I went back and looked at the 2014 Vancouver reports to try to get the timing. From august 1 to 15 was pretty hit or miss, With the odd boat finding the schools and limiting but it was mostly people striking out. Seems like you need to burn a lot of gas in the early part. Cruse from the North arm to Sandheads and then all the way out to the tide line and cruse back looking for jumpers.

https://www.sportfishingbc.com/foru...d-sunshine-coast-reports-thread.55443/page-57

The graphic below for this year shows the expected area 20 peek run times. Time from area 20 to Mouth of Fraser 3-10 days. Most of the summer stocks go straight up the river, The Late summer Adams rivers are known to hold 1-3 weeks at the river mouth.

Might be nice tho to get out early tho might get to fish a school alone.

upload_2018-7-31_10-26-0.png

Has anyone ever fished them in Sabine channel heading to the cabin and have fished them there years ago on a gill better but never on the troll

Has anyone ever fished them in Sabine channel heading to the cabin and have fished them there years ago on a gill better but never on the troll

If you gillnetted Sabine, you know it's dogfish central. Still have a good scar on my finger from a monster dogfish fight I stumbled into at Sabine.

I haven't fished there for at least 25 years.

Back