2018 F300 Yamaha Outboard

EZZ70

Hey Guys I am testing the waters on selling my Yamaha F300, it has around 800hrs. It was purchased and services at Port Albernie Boathouse, I had all fluids changed and winterized before I created it. I also have a full run-up report of the engine before it was winterized. Gauges and aluminum prop sold with engine...

I am thinking of asking $18,500 as Port Albernie said its worth $19,500 without any rigging...

I am considering a twin setup rather than a main plus kicker

IMG_6827.jpegIMG_6828.jpegIMG_6831.jpeg

Twins sound good but you are looking at least $40K by the time you pay tax and controls
The 300 hp with a kicker would likely use less fuel and come in 300-400 lbs lighter
just a thought....

Last edited:
Hey Robert,

I would stick with a single 300 and a kicker. We have Twin 150 Yamahas on our Pursuit, and as much as I love them, I would prefer a big single. The maintenance of two motors is a kick in the nuts every time you have to service or repair them. Twice the chance of something going wrong as well. Just my two cents.

Ok, ill take that option off the table :D thx gents

I see this old debate is on going.... I am currently working on making this decision. I am leaning toward twin 200's on my Seasport but as the wife points out a Single 350 is cheaper. I however would like twins + the kicker. The cost is a quite a bit higher for sure but you have to pay to get into the cool kids club....

I want to be in that club.... haha Ou-pick me! :p

Think it depends what you use your boat for... if your ever going offshore tuna or on longer trips I’d highly recommend twins... limping back on a kicker from 25 plus miles could be trouble if the wx takes a turn. If you use it locally more stick with a single and avoid the double maintenance and headaches as mentioned above.

Think it depends what you use your boat for... if your ever going offshore tuna or on longer trips I’d highly recommend twins... limping back on a kicker from 25 plus miles could be trouble if the wx takes a turn. If you use it locally more stick with a single and avoid the double maintenance and headaches as mentioned above.

Tuna!:), I likes that option :D

Those long cold Alberta winters give you to much time to think don't they....

aye, yes they definitely do, a little too much at times I’m afraid... I can see pros and cons to both setups, at the very most I’ll get to use the boat 3 weeks a year so maintenance and fuel is not a huge concern. Even Yamaha twin 115 would be adequate... At the end of the day a single will suit my needs just fine as well and is the lightest option! :cool:

I am getting PM’ed a few offers but with older twins, one is on 2004’s and other is 2008’s both 150’s..

single 300 = 558lbs dry
Single 9.9 ht = 93 dry
Total = 651lbs

twin 115 = 377 x 2 = 754lbs dry
twin 150 = 478 x 2 = 956lbs dry

Last edited:
aye, yes they definitely do, a little too much at times I’m afraid... I can see pros and cons to both setups, at the very most I’ll get to use the boat 3 weeks a year so maintenance and fuel is not a huge concern. Even Yamaha twin 115 would be adequate... At the end of the day a single will suit my needs just fine as well and is the lightest option! :cool:

I am getting PM’ed a few offers but with older twins, one is on 2004’s and other is 2008’s both 150’s..

single 300 = 558lbs dry
Single 9.9 ht = 93 dry
Total = 651lbs

twin 115 = 377 x 2 = 754lbs dry
twin 150 = 478 x 2 = 956lbs dry

Offshore aspirations = Twins.

We looked at twins for a friends new Campion 682. Twin 150's added about 300 pounds extra weight on the back which is a lot on a 23' boat.
Also found fuel burn data on the web for similar boats and it showed about a 22% increase in fuel burn with the 2 x 150's over single 300.
You would be trolling on the 150 instead of a kicker so would think some additional fuel burn there. You can't get up on plane with one engine so would be a high fuel burn at whatever speed you could do.
Higher initial costs ($7K according to Yamaha website ) and double the maintenance costs.
Maneuvering is definitely nicer with twins however he went with the single 300 and 9.9 kicker and is very happy with the combo

Back