2018 F300 Yamaha Outboard

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade / Wanted Forum' started by Robert Snyder, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Crew Member

Hey Guys I am testing the waters on selling my Yamaha F300, it has around 800hrs. It was purchased and services at Port Albernie Boathouse, I had all fluids changed and winterized before I created it. I also have a full run-up report of the engine before it was winterized. Gauges and aluminum prop sold with engine...

I am thinking of asking $18,500 as Port Albernie said its worth $19,500 without any rigging...

I am considering a twin setup rather than a main plus kicker

IMG_6827.jpeg IMG_6828.jpeg IMG_6831.jpeg

2. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

Twins sound good but you are looking at least $40K by the time you pay tax and controls
    The 300 hp with a kicker would likely use less fuel and come in 300-400 lbs lighter
    just a thought....

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    kingblazer84 likes this.
  3. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

your going backwards @Robert Snyder lol supposed to be building not selling... :p but what scott said is right on point I dont think its worth it run what your brung!

Robert Snyder likes this.
  4. Buckethead905

Buckethead905 Active Member

Hey Robert,

I would stick with a single 300 and a kicker. We have Twin 150 Yamahas on our Pursuit, and as much as I love them, I would prefer a big single. The maintenance of two motors is a kick in the nuts every time you have to service or repair them. Twice the chance of something going wrong as well. Just my two cents.

barkerfam, TipUp and Robert Snyder like this.
  5. Robert Snyder

Ok, ill take that option off the table :D thx gents

6. Captain PartyMarty

Captain PartyMarty Well-Known Member

I see this old debate is on going.... I am currently working on making this decision. I am leaning toward twin 200's on my Seasport but as the wife points out a Single 350 is cheaper. I however would like twins + the kicker. The cost is a quite a bit higher for sure but you have to pay to get into the cool kids club....

Stizzla likes this.
  7. Robert Snyder

I want to be in that club.... haha Ou-pick me! :p

chipstealer likes this.
  8. fishin solo

fishin solo Well-Known Member

Single and kicker is the most practical lol but twins and a kicker would be mint..... you only live once ;)

John s and willydw like this.
  9. hippaisland

hippaisland Well-Known Member

Think it depends what you use your boat for... if your ever going offshore tuna or on longer trips I’d highly recommend twins... limping back on a kicker from 25 plus miles could be trouble if the wx takes a turn. If you use it locally more stick with a single and avoid the double maintenance and headaches as mentioned above.

777 and Derby like this.
  10. Robert Snyder

Tuna!:), I likes that option :D

hippaisland likes this.
  11. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Active Member

Those long cold Alberta winters give you to much time to think don't they....

12. Robert Snyder

aye, yes they definitely do, a little too much at times I’m afraid... I can see pros and cons to both setups, at the very most I’ll get to use the boat 3 weeks a year so maintenance and fuel is not a huge concern. Even Yamaha twin 115 would be adequate... At the end of the day a single will suit my needs just fine as well and is the lightest option! :cool:

I am getting PM’ed a few offers but with older twins, one is on 2004’s and other is 2008’s both 150’s..

single 300 = 558lbs dry
    Single 9.9 ht = 93 dry
    Total = 651lbs

twin 115 = 377 x 2 = 754lbs dry
    twin 150 = 478 x 2 = 956lbs dry

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  13. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Offshore aspirations = Twins.

14. Olde School

Olde School Well-Known Member

Why limit your kicker to 9.9?

15. Sir Reel

Sir Reel Well-Known Member

We looked at twins for a friends new Campion 682. Twin 150's added about 300 pounds extra weight on the back which is a lot on a 23' boat.
    Also found fuel burn data on the web for similar boats and it showed about a 22% increase in fuel burn with the 2 x 150's over single 300.
    You would be trolling on the 150 instead of a kicker so would think some additional fuel burn there. You can't get up on plane with one engine so would be a high fuel burn at whatever speed you could do.
    Higher initial costs ($7K according to Yamaha website ) and double the maintenance costs.
    Maneuvering is definitely nicer with twins however he went with the single 300 and 9.9 kicker and is very happy with the combo

BarryA likes this.