2018 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Thanks for the info. Will prob run to the green can as I’m familiar with fishing there. Grants would be a bit of a longer run, but I know some good fish come out of there. I assume I can still fish the hump south of Sentry shoal as it’s outside the 1.5 mile radius of the marker. Worth fishing there?
I have never fish at that spot so I can't comment.

Yesterday started out frustrating, but ended up being a hoot.
Started trolling with the masses at Kitty, but was only catching doggies (kept speeding up until I swear the bloody 15lb ball was horizontal!) - got tired of that (and out of anchovies) so slow trolled back towards Comox - just off Airforce beach the switch turned on and I couldn't keep the rod in the water - a nice school of 12-15lbers - I probably landed (all catch and release today) 4 or 5 of them - it was the classic "just get the rigger to depth - fish on - repeat". After a 1/2 hr of that, started catching (with the same frequency) smaller 2-3lbers - I'm not as convinced those get released unharmed, so pulled up the lines and called it a day. All in all lots of fun. A lime green coho killer (ish, a bit wider than a true sand lance imitation) seemed to be the lure of choice.

Thanks for the info. Will prob run to the green can as I’m familiar with fishing there. Grants would be a bit of a longer run, but I know some good fish come out of there. I assume I can still fish the hump south of Sentry shoal as it’s outside the 1.5 mile radius of the marker. Worth f

I have fished the lower reef a fare bit over the years. Had good luck both sides and the top end but not much luck on southern portion. I'm not sure about the reg for sentry shoal tho. If the regs state IMG_1776.PNG 1.5 nm from the buoy then you should be good.

I have fished the lower reef a fare bit over the years. Had good luck both sides and the top end but not much luck on southern portion. I'm not sure about the reg for sentry shoal tho. If the regs state View attachment 38298 1.5 nm from the buoy then you should be good.

Thanks for the info! I guess on the north end you’d fish slack and on the flood? I’m going to give that spot a go end of July...

Father's Day at the K.C. hump:
3 small springs, 1 retained and 4 wild Coho all released. All about 120 to 180 on the riggers using herring aide spoons.
Home in time for brunch!

Got out yesterday around noon and fished Kitty Coleman area. Got one wild Coho on a blue spoon at 120 feet and picked up a nice 21 pound Spring on anchovy at 220 feet.

Back at Kitty yesterday afternoon. A little bouncy on the water but caught a few coho. Finally managed a hatchery coho but there are so many "wild" ones. Used a blue and silver spoon around 100 feet. Also one under sized Spring. A few boats out in the bouncy stuff.

Fished off Lazo yesterday from 11:30 until just after 5pm, lots of fish, even a double header but all under sized springs but did get one wild coho, which we released. Lots of boats, beautiful day on the water. Watermelon spoon and black and white hoochie caught most of the fish.

A productive first day on the water this season. Managed to land a 16 lb spring on a TSS (Tackle Shack Special) custom 6” tubby plug in “Wonderbread” pattern.

Caught on bottom in 208 feet of water.

Released a double header of unclipped coho as well. All and all, a good day shaking off some rust.

DEB1CC55-955C-4209-B724-CF0E9D2AE4F0.jpeg

1E6F1DE4-FC21-4169-BAF5-BE35B8C46930.jpeg

A productive first day on the water this season. Managed to land a 16 lb spring on a TSS (Tackle Shack Special) custom 6” tubby plug in “Wonderbread” pattern.

Caught on bottom in 208 feet of water.

Released a double header of unclipped coho as well. All and all, a good day shaking off some rust.

View attachment 38704

View attachment 38705
Nice looking plug. Think I'll have to grab a few of those. Nice catch

kitty hump 5-8pm no fish seen taken .8-9 pm got into a school infront of bates .1 -4#pink 1 -under spring and 1 -16.5 # spring lime green glow 4 nasty boy spoon green gold flasher 200 feet PICT0015.JPGanother white

Tonights fish was a hatchery fish doe.The people said at kitty that if the heads were not collected DFO would shut the Area down.

Pointholms 400 -5.p54 - denman bluffs 64 ft 2 of palister undersize 5:00 pm .seals eveywhere bait boils aswell.salmon 4# jumping. but the 602 and the lime geen spoon did not produceat 50 ft.sounded large fish at 20 feet .off the water by 9 as a front moved in from the s/e

Back