2018 Campbell River Reports

Fished Deepwater late Sunday morning early afternoon. Only managed two pinks in the boat and two lost at the boat. Early bird gets the sockeye. I guess?

We were out again this morning, left BB at 5:30.
Two hits, saw three jumpers and no nets.
Difference may be the tide change, it was flooding pretty good all morning.
Had to ditch out before the ebb came in, so could not fully test our theory.
At deepwater bay this morning, they are gone...

How was the water in Deepwater this morning? Forecasts are fairly nasty for Johnstone St. Has it been materializing? Thanks

It was not pleasant.

Over tight to the wall was good, but big gusts were rolling down and made our track look like it was drawn by my three year old daughter with a broken crayon.

Real rough off the point with the reflected waves.

No, but my fishing partner is.
Just as windy and wavy, although they report four to the cooler and multiple other hits.

I am going to try and head out with my wife tonight. Gong Show style!!

Any recent reports from Browns Bay / Deepwater?

Are the sockeye starting to show with any consistency? Seems much quieter on here than 2014.

Will be up there for 4 days starting tomorrow afternoon and will update.

Wouldn’t mind getting up there myself. Didn’t have much luck last week. Appreciate any reports you might have

I'm probably going to take a run North tomorrow but the wind reports have me second guessing going too far. Any reports how the weathers been the past few days?

I'm probably going to take a run North tomorrow but the wind reports have me second guessing going too far. Any reports how the weathers been the past few days?

Any time the wind is coming from the north or NW like it is now it comes straight down from Johnstone strait and it whips the narrows and B.B. into a frenzy. doesn’t make for a fun day at all.

Taking the family out tomorrow for sox.
Anyone out today?
Out today, took a little longer to get there due to wind, tide and rough water.
Fished from 06:45 to 09:00.
1 pink, released, 1 nice Sockeye, 1 lost at the boat, and a 20# plus Chinook boated, caught at 30’
on Sockeye gear.

Only saw 2 other nets out during that time, all against the deep water wall due to the nasty chop.

One troller working about 150-200 yards from the rec fleet, not very busy, but was catching, not
just fishing, like most of us.

If you are going tomorrow, I hope the wind is a bit better for you. ......BB

Just back from green see bay. Left discovery marine 6::00 AM 20 ft. Trophy little bumpy going up. water nice when arrived. Left at noon with one 17lb.
red spring and two sockeye. Watch out for commercial nets.
Cheers and Good luck

Still sloppy at Deepwater. No luck at Separation Head.
Early bite was earlier than I could get the family up for!

Tried for springs at browns bay. 7 am - 3 pm.

Caught one on bait and lost another which was only on briefly.

Didn’t see any other fish caught.

Very slow.

Water wasn’t bad from about 9:00 am until 2:00. A little sloppy before and after.

Any recent (new) reports on sockeye?
Hoping to get out there as soon as it starts picking up.
Thanks in advance!

Hello I'm also wondering if there any socks in deep water bay.

I've heard reports there are still fish in alert Bay Area can anyone confirm.

Thx scott

Just back from 3 days at browns bay.

Very slow up that way.

A few springs and sockeye being caught.

A grind for sure.

Thanks for the update, too bad the sockeye report wasn't any better. Hopefully things pickup for this weekend? Heard McNeil hasn't been too bad for sockeye.

Back