2017 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

I believe most of those fish that we are catching up here in nanaimo and ladysmith are Harrioson and Fraser river fish, so I do not believe that will be the case, but then again I'm not a biologist.

I believe most of those fish that we are catching up here in nanaimo and ladysmith are Harrioson and Fraser river fish, so I do not believe that will be the case, but then again I'm not a biologist.

Ouch! Not sure if that's a back-handed comment about area 20 restrictions or not. Lol

Ouch! Not sure if that's a back-handed comment about area 20 restrictions or not. Lol
Was not supposed to offended anyone sorry if I did. Was just stating that the fish were most likely Harrison and Fraser fish as a lot of them are white springs. We have a slot limit as well if that's what you're referring too

Out this morning with one of my sons and water was decent and not too cold out but the water was just 100% full of crap, we couldn't get away from it.

Then, to cap that off my motor overheated and we had to get a tow into esquimalt anglers.

If the gentleman who helped tow me in (18ft hewescraft with broken Suzuki) reads these forums I'd like to say thanks again and I owe you a case of beer!

Now it's at the shop for diagnosis as nothing obviously was wrong (still peeing, good oil level, nothing wrapped around or stuck in inlets or prop.)

Went out Saturday at noon. Anchored up for 4 hours off Albert but nothing. Then I trolled back to anglers with the same result.

GnB.JPG
Ok I'm not really a report type guy but what do you guys do with the oversize? I went for a solo fish today and got into a hog.....the release was a complete shotshow.....like I probably could use a few stitches. Picked a 46" later but man that big guy worked me over......

Last edited by a moderator:
Went for a couple of hours after work today given the calm night. Beautiful out on oak bay flats... not much sign of bait, rods never moved, couple of other boats there, never saw any excitement. Should be prime time, what gives?

Back