2017 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Took advantage of a nicer day today and took a buddy out off the waterfront from 11-3:30. We were the only boat out and I was not expecting much with the high slow tide which was the case until 2pm when we hooked a beauty off flag pole. I set the hook and gave him the rod, he had a great fighter on that took a couple runs then at the side of the boat when it saw my eyes and a net rolled over and sent the hook,flasher and line flying. A perhaps small teenager that my buddy was shaking with excitement over the experience. We swung back around and had another strong hit only to have a long line release. We did manage another smaller 22 inch 3lb red male wild so he got to take home dinner. I'm really enjoying these winter fishing days when the weather cooperates. All caught on small chovie on the bottom around 125 ft. That same tiger head teaser got all 3 strikes.

Attachments

• IMG_0799.JPG
    IMG_0799.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 71
Can't believe it's been a week since I was last out and with all the boats out lately there's no reports? I slept in and missed the morning bite but did manage to scrape a hatch female 4 lb spring and another long line escape this afternoon between flag pole and Clover Point. 6 boats out and some fish were caught as a couple boats mentioned they had a couple. One was held up looked to be a nice one. They like myself were using bait near the bottom in 120-175 ft. Was a little lumpy at first but did smooth out and the sun was trying to get out but still a decent day to be out with no rain or snow as predicted . Hope to hear some reports from some of the others that have been out.

Attachments

• IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 29
Fished 10 to 1 pm. We got a nice 13.26 lbs and 6.25 lbs springs on the green skinny. 7 fish took on the green skinny. one took on the green coho killer . Zero on the AP spoons, g force spoons, coyote spoons.
9 undersized about 5 lbs relased safely.

I know the AP spoons should be hot but why they don't take the AP spoons.
FB_IMG_1514438144957.jpg

Is There any Marinas in Esqimalt that has moorage a guy can get for around 3 days in June or where would be a good place to do so close by. TIA.. Cheers

Back