2017 Sidney Reports

So if you don't share information about lures and location, what is it....just bragging?
Or in the case of a guide, just looking for business??
Thanks to those who share info, I say.
Plenty of information there. It was caught near Sidney, needlefish with glow. Way more info than I need to justify the gas bill. IMO Take away the hunt and what's the point?

I don't get the negativity? How many people lurk and never post any report?

Morning fish from 7:30 - 11 today. One pass near Powder Wharf but the current started to rip. Ran over to Moresby and skunked. Not much showing on sounder and nobody reaching for the net around me either.

Released 3 fish between 6-12 lbs this morning and lost one probably about 6 or 8 lbs. Didnt see anybodys nets out so I guess it pays to be lucky! Only fished a couple hours before the current started to rip.

With a $10,000.00 derby coming up and if he has a ticket...why would he share the pre-fishing work he is doing to increase his odds? His post will help create interest for others to try the Sidney area or to buy a ticket and support a derby that supports salmon enhancement. That is good enough in my books. There is still a week to go before the derby and plenty of time for others to go out and find their own spot that is likely to be holding some winning fish.

Had a buddy catch a 19lbs and a 22lbs in his last two trips out, the 22 was on Friday, the 19 the week before. He is going to quit going out until the Derby next week. He may have used up all his luck.

Those fish are there, advTHXance admits they are around and even shows the spoon. Other guys in the derby are hiding there gear.

FYI caught off Sidney on a spoon in the mouth. That is all the info he would share, $10,000 up for grabs next Saturday.

Had a buddy catch a 19lbs and a 22lbs in his last two trips out, the 22 was on Friday, the 19 the week before. He is going to quit going out until the Derby next week. He may have used up all his luck.

Those fish are there, advTHXance admits they are around and even shows the spoon. Other guys in the derby are hiding there gear.

FYI caught off Sidney on a spoon in the mouth. That is all the info he would share, $10,000 up for grabs next Saturday.

Can't go wrong with Coal Island or Sidney Spit
Jerker are getting them, or troll with tiny strip, needle fish or Andrew spoons
they are there now, but traditionally mostly gone by Derby time.

Got my mom into a couple birthday fish today. Bonked one about 17lbs and released one about 8 or so. Couldnt wipe the smile off her face afterwards! Hopefully I havent used up all my luck before the derby! More details in a week or so. ;)

Went for a fish on the big afternoon tide, fished a couple hours 1 undersized and 1 14lb wild.

Attachments

• IMG_5695.JPG
    IMG_5695.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 105
The high-tide line along the Sidney waterfront looks like somebody dumped a big bag of mixed salad greens right now. Its 6 inches deep in places. Fairly high tides this week too so there might be more on its way.

If you have the Scotty weight retreivers installed, you can let some slack out so theyre submerged while trolling and theyll stop a lot of that **** from sliding down the downrigger cable.

The high-tide line along the Sidney waterfront looks like somebody dumped a big bag of mixed salad greens right now. Its 6 inches deep in places. Fairly high tides this week too so there might be more on its way.

If you have the Scotty weight retreivers installed, you can let some slack out so theyre submerged while trolling and theyll stop a lot of that **** from sliding down the downrigger cable.
This is a great idea.

Me likey.

This is a great idea.

Me likey.
I have run my net in front for the downrigger cable before with good results; It only takes the top couple inches of gunk though. Additionally, cleaning the salad bar out of it at the end of the day was a pain - so I only recommend it in the most extreme of circumstances.

A gaff works too if its only a couple pieces floating by, but that sounds like great netting practice. Make sure you net the seaweed head-first!

Back