2017 Sidney Reports

Good tide this morning so put in a morning shift. Tried Sidney spit briefly but not much bait, birds, or action. Moved down to Hamley and had a bit of action. Landed one keeper and lost 2 other just before the 9:30 tide change. Found them in deeper water. Around 100' in 150- 200' of water. Green spoons and hootchies.

Thanks.

Heading out of cowichan bau this weekend. Does anyone have any luck fishing for lling cod in the sidney area?
There are very few ling in the Sidney area and most of the areas that look good are RCA's so be sure to check the regs.

Gave the bluffs a try today with about a half dozen other boats no nets out stopped by coal for a couple quick circles felt no love there either

Any derby updates? Was out Friday and there were a lot of boats working Hamley. We picked up a small spring in the Sidney channel, but that was it for us.

Any derby updates? Was out Friday and there were a lot of boats working Hamley. We picked up a small spring in the Sidney channel, but that was it for us.
Winning fish was 27lbs... no details on gear and location, would love to hear if anyone knows.

Cheers

I heard it came from Sidney Spit and they were trolling ?? Jiggers again did pretty good this weekend. Nothing for us or anything worth talking about.. Was at Hamley all weekend and there were a few fish here and there but it was slow all over. Some money raised for Salmon and Enhancement and thats what matters. Nice work Port Sidney !!

A lil bit I think. One shaker for me yesterday afternoon. Did hook 4 nice springs last Monday at the spit...3 jigging and 1 on the troll. Lost one at the boat that I'm sure would've pushed 20:(

Tried jigging at Powder Wharf this evening through the tide change. No luck. 3 other boats around and nobody going for the net. Beauty evening.

Out for a few hours tonight one hit that smashed my anchovie but didn't stick... and that was all. "Strawberry moon" some kind of version of the full moon last night so thinking that has a part in the slow down of fishing lately .

Jigged the spit for a couple hours early this morning, got 8-10# on within a couple jigs.... sadly spat hook about 15ft from boat.... not another bite..... had needlefish on the lures almost every time we brought them up....

Sheesh! All these trailers at Tulista and no reports?!
Anyway, put in a couple hours at Fairfax this afternoon with nothing to show for it - some Bait hanging around on the bottom but in 160+ft. Moved to coal for the last hour and just as I was packing up I hear a pop as the rod behind me popped off and took some line.
After a bit of a battle and a swift netting my friend landed her first keeper chinook, a stout 12lb. Not big, but the skunk has been washed off!

Glow/Jellyfish AP Sandlance behind Madi Flasher.

Attachments

• IMG_20170617_164752751_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170617_164752751_HDR.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 83
Jigged the spit 05:30-07:00, lots of feed, lots of birds, lots of seals.... was nice of the group of seals to let us bring in a 13# without any issues. The spit has been good and continues to produce

Special Father's day trip for me today. Took my 81 yr old dad out and got him one legal for the BBq and one exactly 85cm. The big one was a white spring, both on herring strip off Hambley. Glad it was 85cm would of been hard to tell him we have to let it go especially since it swallowed the hook into it's gills.

Back