2017 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Beauty day out there! Cruised from Bull island towards Fegans. Water a little on the choppy side for the wife and kids so we hung a right and headed to Upwood.. ling, yellow eye limits with ease!.. salmon fished the point fir an hour with a ton of action.. all on the smaller side but managed to bonk a couple in the 10-12 lb. range . Trolled to Anderson bay and landed a 16 lb with a fight that reminded me why we love this fishing thing so much! Had a purple spoon on the starbourd side with a purple haze flasher that was busy consistantly with little ones and a dock caught herring with a black and gold flasher on the port that landed the nice wild red. All in about 3 hrs time. Excellent time with friends and the fam.

Was out at Epsom this aft lots of action with undersize. Fished shallow in 80-90 feet of water at 61-67 on the riggers. Kept a nice 12 and 10lb on brain freeze flasher with goldstar 3.5" maverick spoon. Action in late afternoon. Up to high slack. Then I had to go but it was getting super hot.

Up at Pender Harbour this past Monday (July 3rd) Landed a 15 lb Chinook, and a 9 lb not 100m off Francis Point. Both caught at 125 ft on the starboard downrigger using an 18lb ball. Also snagged a Lingcod all on the same spoon at180ft. Not sure of the name of the spoon to be honest, but it's 4 inches, silver, with a bright green stripe at the top, and a few bright green spots. Purple moonglow flasher.

Attachments

• IMG_8526.JPG
    IMG_8526.JPG
    354.5 KB · Views: 55
Got a near 14 and near 18 at quarry today. Was nice to hook up something with size for a change. Both caught with a turd hootchie mid afternoon nowhere near any tide change. Was at the pilings earlier. Insane bait over there but only undersize for us.
You were on the flood tide, always love fishing the flood, right from the low ebb to the high flood. Good on you, sounds like a couple nice fish.

Any recent reports from this area? Thinking to head up from vancouver with the wife and boy thus weekend. Never been up this way.

It's been fairly windy and fishing has been slow for me. I know the livey guys were doing well. I haven't really heard anyone killing it out there, but it all could turn around this weekend too.

Back