2017/2018 Upgrades

getting closer to wrapping my head around shortening the pilot house and gaining almost 3' of deck space.. equates to 24 sq'!!!
goods and or bads? right now i cant ( cant stand it) fish or barely can fish 3 plus me on the dance floor.
new boat build is too much. selling it is a big loss...
fibrgrass is out of the question...
me and buddies will do all the unrigging and re-rig.
it will look like a sport cabin. parker ish.

besides a landcruiser redo, i have not taken on a boat rewrite.
advice? crazy?

should i get my own thread? lol

getting closer to wrapping my head around shortening the pilot house and gaining almost 3' of deck space.. equates to 24 sq'!!!
goods and or bads? right now i cant ( cant stand it) fish or barely can fish 3 plus me on the dance floor.
new boat build is too much. selling it is a big loss...
fibrgrass is out of the question...
me and buddies will do all the unrigging and re-rig.
it will look like a sport cabin. parker ish.

besides a landcruiser redo, i have not taken on a boat rewrite.
advice? crazy?

should i get my own thread? lol

Not sure of your boat, but would a hull extension be less or a comparable amount of work? Is the boat aluminum? I would hate to lose pilothouse space on mine. But I have lots of dance floor...

Not sure of your boat, but would a hull extension be less or a comparable amount of work? Is the boat aluminum? I would hate to lose pilothouse space on mine. But I have lots of dance floor...

a bigger boat would need twins i would think.. i have been ok with the hull size, 9 1/2 beam. 8' across inside gunnel. i am trying to think of it as a section out (pilot house space) and wall moved up. 2005 2625 kingfisher.

If you don't do a lot of camping out overnight on the hook or fishing with more than a few people when it's ugly out, it might not be too bad. I like having the extra pilothouse space for those reasons. We spend alot of time inside cooking, resting, etc. Maybe a case of 2'itis is coming on? Those 28'ers are pretty nice...hehe
If you have the means of doing the job and have thought it through and it makes sense to you, I'd say go for it. If you do stay on the hook the odd time, maybe get a camper type canvas that can be put up and a couple cots for the back. At least you'll have more space out there.

Last edited:
Just bought a lowrance autopilot from wholesale sports. Excited to get that installed.

Took the wife out for her first ride in the new boat......apparently I am installing a head.

Attachments

• 20171108_150140.jpg
    20171108_150140.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 86
l
Just bought a lowrance autopilot from wholesale sports. Excited to get that installed.

Took the wife out for her first ride in the new boat......apparently I am installing a head.
let us know how the autopilot turns out

The answer: what you're never going to get agin if you don't install a working toilet in the boat

The answer: what you're never going to get agin if you don't install a working toilet in the boat

hahaha. Ya I'll have to work something out. Most options wont fit in my bench so Im thinking Ill go all out and remove the bench and put in a bathroom like you can order from the factory. At least I get to spend sanctioned money on the boat!

P
hahaha. Ya I'll have to work something out. Most options wont fit in my bench so Im thinking Ill go all out and remove the bench and put in a bathroom like you can order from the factory. At least I get to spend sanctioned money on the boat!
Porta potties work great!

Back