2016 Victoria waterfront and Oak Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Oak bay to Sidney is done this year.
Of course there will be a few nice fish caught, but not in numbers.
there will likely be some fish show up off the waterfront in August, but it gets pretty crazy and hard to
fish with all the traffic out in front of the harbor.
A very good year followed by a not so good year in my opinion.
(Hope I'm wrong though)

Went to drop some traps solo this morning and thought I would drag some bait for a couple hours, anchovy both sides......not a single nibble. Went out with 4 chovies and came home with two, heck could have saved the two I trolled for a couple hours! Lots of boats.....no nets. Didn't go far away from harbour and did see some bait balls but no love.

Happy Canada day, enjoy the fireworks!
GnB

Went to drop some traps solo this morning and thought I would drag some bait for a couple hours, anchovy both sides......not a single nibble. Went out with 4 chovies and came home with two, heck could have saved the two I trolled for a couple hours! Lots of boats.....no nets. Didn't go far away from harbour and did see some bait balls but no love.

Happy Canada day, enjoy the fireworks!
GnB

Took advantage of windless sunny day and put in a 4 hour boat ride from 12-4 on OB flats. Not a sniff.

Darn people...letting their Dogfish run around unleashed....
In oak bay of all places;)

Guess I'll be weeding through the rock salmon for flatties...tides look nice in the morn for some exploring, maybe give border banks a troll when the switch happens.

Fished near Race at first light until the current picked up. Solid Dogfish action. We then moved inshore near the Mud Hole. The dogs were even worse. Ended up tossing back 15 dogfish and trolled back for salmon. Didn't see any action at Pedder Bay on the way in.

I heard one boat of about half a dozen got an 8 pounder today around Esquimalt. Things are looking up. :D

It is super slow out there, but the odd fish is still being caught. I went out today, watched a guide boat net a nice fish out front, that would have been close to the upper limit on the slot.
I worked the usual spots pretty hard. Managed to get 1 hit all day, right at the end of the day, and after a good look and quick measure in the water, I netted it and double checked. I got 81cms in the water, but it was 82cms in the end. I was happy with that as I really didn't see anything else happening.

no salmon for us. started in the fog on obf then after counting 8 seals around me decided to head for constance.

i did manage these though. image.jpeg met a couple "well lubricated" and happy commies unloading their catch at the fuel dock

JL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back