2016 Victoria waterfront and Oak Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out at Oak Bay between 10 and 1 today, very slow, missed one early then at around lunch floated the boat over this one, wild measured 83 and change never weighed it. Caught near bottom on tiger prawn Hootchie of all things lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 91
went out of Esquimalt anglers this morning at 5am looking for Hali east of Constance but everywhere we tried we were swarmed by dogfish. Anchored through the current swing but still no joy. Did a short fish on Constance which was a parking lot. No fish for us but saw some boats hooking up. All in all gorgeous day but not a good fishing day for us

Not looking good at this point....
I've tied to spread my trolling love around! Victoria, Sooke and Sidney and no reel love!!! Changing tactics, trolling, jigging, anchoring for halibut. Got a 20# consolation Cabezon, but undersized on Salmon! Undersized on Lingcod and no Halibut yet! Doesn't sound like it's just me! Almost wish it was! Because I'm really unsure on the future of the fishery!

What a difference one day makes and a different location, out off sooke yesterday,otter point, prime parking spot right close to the hotel. Today, went to Esquimalt this am, had a later start, 8:30, had to park a block away.
Headed out to Constance, yup, it was parking lot. Tried for halibut west of the bank, lots of dogs, we had 1 halibut that hit hard, went to set the hook, nada. Reeled the line up, all that was left was the swivel on the leader. Just my luck!!
We did see the whales go through at about 11:30 ish, on the north part of Constance. Survey folks were at the dock when we got back at 4:30, said that only about 4-5 salmon came in and about 4 halibut. One day the fish will start comimg back.........

Last edited:
Fished Hali today. Never hooked soooo many dog fish! Lol.... Two good Hali hits but neither stuck. Beautiful day out there!!!

Went for Hali at border and was a dog fiasco like everyone else. They decimated out bait supply. No Hali for us. Third skunk in a row! Where did all the Hali go? We had something like 6 double dogs on one line. Brought one up missing his entrails. Guess he pissed off an even bigger dog.

drifted for hali at constance this morning in the parking lot of all the boats, then trolled around for salmon till 2..nadda!! slow going out there..

Anchored up near Race Yesterday away from all the boats. No dogs. Landed a 25 and 35 hali and lost another half way up. Constance looked like a zoo.

Went for a boat ride yesterday with my kids 1-3 yesterday. Picked up a scrappy 20# wild, just under 85cm. Only hit of the day for me.

GnB

fished a couple miles east of race rocks for halibut sunday morning, I could see a lot of boats towards Victoria, all four of us on board got a fish, 27,35,36,43, only two dogfish and a small skate

Fished the waterfront from 9-2 today. Anchovy one side. AP sand lance on the other. Not a bite and more concerning not a single blip on the sonar screen. I'm hoping the fish are just late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back