2016 Victoria waterfront and Oak Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the big ebb flush that was max at 9 ish both were hatch one was a lill one and he other about 10 lbs move the boat on monday to sooke, will tell you one thing the inner harbor is absolutely nuts today its one busy harbor!!!!
Damn pirates with super soakers :)

Went out Saturday, we hit Constance up until 1:45 when the winds started to come up. Fished the 80' as well as the surrounding areas. Changed depths, spoons, flashers as well as anchovies on different heads. Nothing, not a sniff. Went in and tried the waterfront for an hour and 1/2, not a sniff there either. The good news is that out of the 20+ boats yesterday, I did see 1 fish taken by Foghorn Charters at about 3:00 just on the left of the green marker boy as you're entering the harbour. When we were back at the boat launch, recreation surveys were takeing place, out of the ten boats he had done at that time, 1 small hatchery (7lbs) taken off the flats. Slow day, but one hell of a day for a boat ride.

Fished OB Flats from about 8 AM til noon Saturday. Managed one smaller hatch for the bbq and saw a few more netted as well. In talking to some of the boats in passing, any that had fish aboard did say they were on the smaller size, but did see one that had to be released that looked like it was mid to high teens. Lots of boats and a beauty day on the water!

Fished OB Flats from about 8 AM til noon Saturday. Managed one smaller hatch for the bbq and saw a few more netted as well. In talking to some of the boats in passing, any that had fish aboard did say they were on the smaller size, but did see one that had to be released that looked like it was mid to high teens. Lots of boats and a beauty day on the water!

Fished about 4 hours at Constance this morning caught 2 small hatchery lost 1 saw 1 other fish lost at a boat that was it

washed some gear from 12-3 today. Nice day for a boat ride.....very slow for me, but very nice day

After only getting one hit on Friday and Saturday out in Sooke I tried my luck in Victoria. Went out around 9:30 and had a 11 pounder in the boat by 9:45. One more hit after that but then took off around noon. Beautiful day on the water.

10-1pm for Hali up haro,1 doggy.
1-3pm ten mile, marked fish but they didn't like our gear. Nice day for a boat ride;)

...Salmon fishing has been very slow.

True. Was out at Constance Friday morning from about 930-1130. Nothing. Must have been 15 or so boats out there and didn't see anyone playing anything either. I just missed the slack, so maybe all the action happened a little earlier? Got a bit bouncy for me, so headed for the waterfront and did a sweep from Brochie, towards the breakwater, and to the green can. Nothing. Only action was a US nuclear sub on it's way to visit Esquimalt. Where are the salmon?

you were right about the dogfish, had to pack it in after about a dozen.
trolled for a while, no luck.

Same here Scott. We were pulling in doggie doubles (two dogs on one hook set). No hali and nothing else. Tried trolling back home again but nothing going there. Wind and tides don't get much better than today however. Didn't set an anchor and we stayed in the same place for 2 hours until the light flood pushed us about 500 yards.

e95if8M8obqZb3Kc9

Left the dock just before 7am in search of halibut, headed out to The Mud Hole, too much chop ( for my boat) wind coming up so I headed to Albert Head. Fished the plateau of 240-260'. Wind & chop died down, then it came up, then it died down, then it came up again, either way great day out there. Returned to the dock about 3:30. What did I have for my efforts? 7 dogfish and 1 small sole. A couple of other boats around, both nothing for their efforts either. Returned to Esquilmalt harbour, 1 group returning from 27 fathom, 3 beauties 40-70 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back