2016 Victoria waterfront and Oak Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out there Tuesday from 4-6pm and didn't get a bite. Saw one small coho lost.. going to try again Friday afternoon. Even if I don't catch anything, I have to admit I just love hanging out on my favorite 19' toy!

Nice! I was out yesterday AM with my son in the slop, not a touch. I did hear that the whales may have been through though.
I think I'll give'er a go tomorrow with gear'n'beer. See if we can find something.

Fogged in - thanks for the links. I put together a nice email and sent it in.

Two springs in the tub today - 20 pound white:( and a 19 pound red:). Snuffy must be on vacation,View attachment 29506 didn't see him anywhere - not even the cleaning station!

We too have done well this week off the Breakwater with Springs in the mid to high teens.
All of ours have been bright as a silver dollar and have had fairly immature roe and not even close to spawn ready.
Never have seen this as late in the season
What have others found?
Can these Springs be a year from spawning???

Out yesterday with the brother in law. Real sloppy, but managed one 12 liber. Had a shaker and one pin popper. Talked to a couple of other boats at the ramp and they had nothing to report

Put in some serious hours today. Fished from 615-3...water was beautiful all day. Saw some nice fish caught in the morning. GnB got stripped once and released a smaller spring. Dropped him off at the dock around 10 and went back out solo. Caught and releases a really scrappy wild coho around 10-11 pounds. That's it, nothing else.......

Put in some serious hours today. Fished from 615-3...water was beautiful all day. Saw some nice fish caught in the morning. GnB got stripped once and released a smaller spring. Dropped him off at the dock around 10 and went back out solo. Caught and releases a really scrappy wild coho around 10-11 pounds. That's it, nothing else.......

Not to mention cold beerski's seal show......I'm surprised he didn't punch snuffy in the head! I think I'll brave the wind for first light......wanna come? You don't have to work until 8

Out front last night with my oldest son. He lost a 20+ Right at the boat after a few hot runs. It would have been his biggest fish ever so it was a tough way to learn to keep the tip up. Seeng his face after the fish swam off almost broke my heart!

Tried again later this morning, 10-1 but not a sniff to be had. I did enjoy taking a spin around the hatch Attessa moored off Esquimalt Harbour. 332 feet of absolute beauty. Saw the yatch's chopper take off and head into town around noon too. Cool.

Out 10-12 this morning with The rest of the green can flotilla. Couldn't take the chaos so me and the kid headed out to Constance for the afternoon. Got into fish as soon as we got the gear down. Lost a couple then finally got the kid into a tender for his first spring ever. Back to the dock by 2 with a nice bunch of crabs to boot. Awesome day out there. Calm and smooth at Connie, a rare thing indeed and a wonderful day to share with my son.

AP Tackleworks sandlance in green and glow was the ticket today.

Picked up a pair of twins trolling the flats this morning -- both about 8lbs. Had run all the way out to Border bank but a fishing buddy had eaten something that didn't agree with him and we turned around and took him to the dock. We only fished there about 45 mins, and lost one as soon as we got the lines down.

Ran down Haro to try for a Halibut today and it seems they are scarce as Salmon this year.
3 hour shift on the pick produced one lonely dogfish.
I 've got to say it's been a tough year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back