2016 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Headed up to Epsom area tomorrow to fish for a couple days and just looking for any current intel if anyone has any. It sounds like fishing is picking up around Epsom, and we will likely hit Sangster. Any other places we should try? How is Grants these days? Thanks in advance.

I haven't been out since Sunday, but a friend had steady action on Thursday; mostly undersized but released a few small legals.

Headed up to Epsom area tomorrow to fish for a couple days and just looking for any current intel if anyone has any. It sounds like fishing is picking up around Epsom, and we will likely hit Sangster. Any other places we should try? How is Grants these days? Thanks in advance.

I just came back from a day in Powell River and I heard Grant Reef has been producing decent numbers. Coho Pt was great last night as well we had 6 good fish and started fishing at 7 pm.

Buds kept 6 nice fish yesterday at Epsom but only found one late today. Seems difficult to call them in any particular area for any amount of time. I'll be at Quarry very early Saturday morning. Purple haze spoon and white hootchie seem to be working well around the whole area tho.

Fished Epsom 2hrs either side of the low tide today. Lots of bait, lots of shakers, but none of their big brothers came for a look! Homeland security and cop car hoochie

Fished Quarry this morning. A lot of boats out but didn't see a lot of action. Managed one good keeper. Scraping the bottom with a skinny g. Lots of bait again.

Quarry for a morning fish. Kept a 10 and released a 13 and 14. All red and wild. Couple days ago a buddy got some bigger whites to 24#.
AndrewP spoon and plug worked well again.
Good work. My daughter came over today. I thought hmmm Quarry or Epsom. Went to Epsom and only little guys. Wrong place wrong time again. Lol

5 small chinook at epsom this afternoon. started with plugs, but after two got hooked in the eye switched back to spoons hoochies and flashers.

Spent a couple hours at Epsom before dark, no action for me and didn't see anyone else waving nets around. There was loads of bait all over the surface again that the birds were working hard. Fished with plugs.

This is a late report, but we fished Sunday at Sangster starting roughly 6am til one, anchored with livies. It was a lot of fun and brought back some great memories. We were rained on again most of the morning, had a mishap with the onboard toilet, and caught some decent fish. One 10lb'r was on the deck with hooks out, and as I went to reach for the bonker he flip flopped his way down onto the swimgrid though the open door and back into the water. I was actually quite proud of the little guy.
We also got 3 or so small but legal coho and they all went back. Then off to Epsom for a few hours of nothing. Wet but great weekend.

Back