2016 Powell River Reports

That's awesome leftcoast . We were out today and fished grants from 5 am to noon. Ended up with about 6 or 7 small springs. I think 3 were legal but kept just one . Got them on plugs in the am and switched to green hootchies and got a few more. Decent day but no size .

That's awesome leftcoast . We were out today and fished grants from 5 am to noon. Ended up with about 6 or 7 small springs. I think 3 were legal but kept just one . Got them on plugs in the am and switched to green hootchies and got a few more. Decent day but no size .

Sounds like fun good action. You never made it up Toba?
I heard of a hali coming in from Grants yesterday. Yeah I was using cop car spoon and green hoochie I usually switch to plugs at some point but the action was from the start on both lures so never changed the gear. All the boats around us had nets out. Hoping to get my 2yr old out later today at some point.

I got some pretty slow reports coming out of bute and toba so we decided to stay a bit closer. Sounds like iron mines is where we should have went .

The Iron Mines start just south of Lund N49.96 W124.45 the North end of the large bay above Dinner Rock and run to Lund

fishing coho point yesterday afternoon we got a double header one about 14 the other about 8 pounds both on plugs. picked up some friends went back out and picked up two more keepers lost a few and released a few. the 500 plug was the ticket

Fished coho pt from 4 to 7 tonight . Picked up 4 springs in the 12 to 20 LB range. One was really nice , might have been near 25. Just a solo mission so I sent them all back. Got 3 of the biggest on a uv army truck cuttlefish hootchie and the other on a ap tackle works herring spoon.

Fished coho pt from 4 to 7 tonight . Picked up 4 springs in the 12 to 20 LB range. One was really nice , might have been near 25. Just a solo mission so I sent them all back. Got 3 of the biggest on a uv army truck cuttlefish hootchie and the other on a ap tackle works herring spoon.

Thanks for the reports Thunder21. Good to hear the fish are around Coho I heard a similar report from another boat. Hope they are still here this weekend. Cheers

Went out to Coho pt again lastnight. Picked up 5 springs in the 10 to 15 range and a couple small coho. Tons of bait around again. The hot ticket was the uv army truck cuddle fish again. It out fished anything else I had on the other side.

I fished coho again tonight from 5 to 915. Picked up and released 8 springs and some shakers. Biggest was around 18lbs. Had steady action the whole time. Fished the same uv army truck and put down a white hootchie with the same pattern as a 602 plug. Both were hitting fish . 130 to 200 feet on the rigger .

I fished coho again tonight from 5 to 915. Picked up and released 8 springs and some shakers. Biggest was around 18lbs. Had steady action the whole time. Fished the same uv army truck and put down a white hootchie with the same pattern as a 602 plug. Both were hitting fish . 130 to 200 feet on the rigger .

Good to hear hope to head that way this weekend.

Way to GO!!! I keep trying around PR but no Hali love. Three weeks and I will be getting my 4 hali in the Broughtons. And I am not coming back until it is done. LOL

Way to GO!!! I keep trying around PR but no Hali love. Three weeks and I will be getting my 4 hali in the Broughtons. And I am not coming back until it is done. LOL

Fun trip I'm sure Charlie I was just trolling for springs like we always do and was more then happy to bring this aboard. I bet you can guess it's fish n chips tonight!

Back