2016 Port Renfrew Reports

from PR Marina web site huge congratulations To Robbyn Kerrone and Ian Batty for their winning of the Salmon Championship at Pacific Gateway Marina. The two Port Renfrew Marina local boys landed a 30 pound Chinook on Sunday morning and won the first prize of $10,000.00 plus the $5,000.00 side bet. Sounds like the best Father’s Day anyone could have!

Went with 4 friends with guide Dan Harvey from Pacific Sportfishing and we maxed out Hali and chinooks. Great day at sea and apparently it was slow along the coast.
Nice new marina.

Well things are definitely getting better. No shortage of springs at chicken ranch. Most of them in the 5-8 lbs range. Found a few Hali at slack too.

Spent a couple hours on the beach. Slow...

Well things are definitely getting better. No shortage of springs at chicken ranch. Most of them in the 5-8 lbs range. Found a few Hali at slack too.

Spent a couple hours on the beach. Slow...

Are you serious, things are heating up at the ranch, springs 5-8 lbs, that my friend would be called the *****. Beach is still slow, bite is short and only on the current change. Good thing was it was the first day i didn't get sealed this season

Just got back from rennie. Fished Friday at swiftsure, not much going on at the east corner, west corner is ****-hot if you like smaller springs 6-10lbs as mr.grey pointed out. Every boat out there was playing fish, anywhere you looked youd see someone horsing in a small spring. Saw a few bigger ones, our biggest was only about 10lbs. Also limited out on hali, ranging from 15-35ish pounds. Today we fished the beach and it was pretty slow. Hooked more blackcod/seabass/sablefish/whatever than we would have liked and went through a ton of bait, but we wound up with a nice unclipped fish about 17lbs somewhere between Logan and Walbran.

About this time last year we were limiting out on 15lb+ fish nearly every trip out... definitely feels like slow going this season, from Sidney all the way to Renfrew!

Feeding the seals in Renfrew continues to be strong, fed a high 20's to the prick again on Friday, landed 2 others 18-20, lost one other. Hey adv bass are gone but sole have come on strong :D

Ok Jackel, where is your gun! Shoot the pricks before I get fishing!

Headed to renfrew for thr first time with some frienda for camping at pacheedaht campground july5-10

Hauling the hourston out there

Where is this "beach" you speak of is it shore casting or a area along the beach to troll

If someone could help me out on the areas where everyone fishes that wpuld be great thanks

Only going for salmon

Headed to renfrew for thr first time with some frienda for camping at pacheedaht campground july5-10

Hauling the hourston out there

Where is this "beach" you speak of is it shore casting or a area along the beach to troll

If someone could help me out on the areas where everyone fishes that wpuld be great thanks

Only going for salmon
What they mean by the beach is fishing along shoreline. Camper Creek, etc. Close to shore.

o_OBiggest Run Of Springs, or for you Americans ...... Kings, Chinookers in TEN years ! Get out there ! Really haha

Hit er right on the head again DFO !

So I hear things might be finally getting going along the beach, can anyone confirm this? , I'm think of heading out there next week !! Thanks in advance Bentley

o_OBiggest Run Of Springs, or for you Americans ...... Kings, Chinookers in TEN years ! Get out there ! Really haha

Hit er right on the head again DFO !
sarcasm is bullying

Seriously, all our regulations are predicated on the seasons fish return forecasts. Commercial openings and harvests were increased for all sectors (including the sport sector) . If they got it wrong, then this could end up resulting in over harvesting this year's returns. So far it looks like the DFO's return prediction could be way off base yet again. Let's hope for conservation sake they were not totally wrong.

So I hear things might be finally getting going along the beach, can anyone confirm this? , I'm think of heading out there next week !! Thanks in advance Bentley
Absolutely not!

I fished Friday on my own, released atleast TWO DOZEN juvenile salmon between 12-18". Didnt have a solid bite all day. Saturday and Sunday the weather was a bit snotty so fishing was a challenge but it didnt make a difference because we werent catching anything anyways! Saw 1 good fish netted at Camper this weekend and that was about it... there were also miles upon miles of kelp in the tidelines, as if things werent tough enough already!

A lot of guys Ive spoken to in Renfrew over the past few weeks swear theyve never seen fishing this slow at this point in the season. After all the hype of a huge run of 4th year chinooks returning its certainly cause for concern. 1 or 2 good fish being pulled out of Camper Creek between 50plus boats on a long weekend is pathetic for any month, let alone July!

Renfrew is on fire, saw a total of 4 caught today, simply amazing, fish everywhere, bent rods all over the place, bait by the acres, best run in ten years come and get them while they are hot. Dont worry about depth, roll, bait size, color, they will hit anything...**** i am starting to sound like Ukee Charters on another thread

Back