2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Good job SS, and great report and pics. Will start to get busy at the river real soon. Went to Ballenas with Bushy for a couple hours yesterday afternoon and it was really slow. The bait has disappeared and not even one coho, might be time to head to the river.................BRS

The bait was all out front of FC harbour! It was "raining" everywhere!

There were some boats, but not the crush that it can be sometimes.

See you all tonight!

At the river the past few days, it has been really good. Lots of quality fish. Rolling bait is the only thing that has been working for me.

I was thinking of heading up from nanaimo in a bit but was wondering some local opinion about if I fished around the river if it would be partially protected or not? Just don't wanna waste a drive up for nothing, thanks in advance!

At the Little Q last night, a little lumpy and nothing in the boat for us. Had 1 nice one on but he didn't want to join us. Around 20 boats, saw 2 fish boated.

Skunked the last two nights at the little q. Fairly rough again tonight and saw very little action. Tried all the go to hoochies and lures and different depths but didn't even land a shaker. Buddy at the ramp last night had 3 ranging from 12-29 and said the bite was hot at 5:30 then died off. Hopefully the luck will change soon!!

Got our limit last night in about a hour. Even landed our double header ,biggest was 20

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    873.4 KB · Views: 106
Got one small spring tonight within 5min of dropping our lines out front of FC at 180' in 220' just south of the small hump on a bigger blue&silver coyote. That was at about 5:00 and then absolutely nothing after that. Was tempted to make a run to the river but had such a good start figured we'd stick it out where we were. Wondering how everyone else did tonite

I started at the big hump and had nothing but a few small ones hardly bigger then the anchovies I was running so we ran to the river and there were a good 10-15 guys there and same story, a few little guys and didn't see a net out all night.

fished yesterday morning out of FC, ended up with 2 just undersize springs and then caught one spring about 12lb, and a hatch coho around 6 lb, all caught close to shore in 100 feet of water. anchovies were the ticket.

Back