2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

295_zpsc4skwxak.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] French Creek humps are producing right now.
Get in the mud. Use tiny spoons.

Last edited:
Out Sunday morning. Lots of wild coho. Managed 1 nice hatch but no keeper springs. Lots of action on a small pink hootchie 36in leader at 135. Out at the humps

Fished out front tonight from 6 pm till dark. Wind came up but still managed to get a nice 14 lb red spring. One hatch coho also, small spoons was the trick tonight. Had my dad on board tonight so lots of advice was shared

What is going on over there with these fish? You guys should invest in a scale...or at the very least a tape measure :) They look huge, and very long.
We are going to head to the FC derby this weekend but likely wont get up until Friday night. Anyone know if we can still get tickets at the bar on Friday night?
Are there many guys signed up for the derby?
Seafever?

Reactions: Joe
What is going on over there with these fish? You guys should invest in a scale...or at the very least a tape measure :) They look huge, and very long.
We are going to head to the FC derby this weekend but likely wont get up until Friday night. Anyone know if we can still get tickets at the bar on Friday night?
Are there many guys signed up for the derby?
Seafever?
You can get tickets right up till Sunday morning at the pub....

Scooted out last night for a real quick hour and a half on the flood and high slack at Ballenas. First time fishing with just me and my two young daughters (7 and 4). There was lots of action, surprisingly went 7/7 on hookups, threw a few borderline keepers back and managed to scrape up a 9lb spring and 2 clipped coho of 4 and 5 lbs each.

The girls were thrilled and the oldest finally got to reel in and boat her first two salmon (the coho).

all in all, a great evening on the water with some good teammates. 6/7 fish were caught at 84 ft on an old school 4" green/white spoon and the other was caught at 105' with green glow hootchie.

image.jpg Thanks to the organizers. Great derby so far. I'm the past two days we have landed a lot of fish. Nothing huge however several Springs over 12 lbs and numerous Coho.

Any jigging going on at Gerald, Mistaken or such...must be nearly time for the L'il Nibs to get going...

jigman

Back