2016 Nanaimo Reports

Great fish Tipup! We fished from 8am until 1pm today, kept 1 released 2 unders. all the action was 8 to 9. Be out in the morning at 5am to get the early bite.

120 and 140 feet Crow

Thanks for the response TipUp, those spoons kept me busy from 6-8 today but no keeper. When the bite died off I put an anchovy down to 180' in 600' water and hooked up with this slightly chewed keeper. Hope it tastes better than it looks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 193
My good friend bonked a nice clean 22 at Neck point at 6:eek:o pm today...very hard hit...boom was banging hard he said

It can be slow, but there are increasingly long bite periods lately.
Fewer pcod also.

Just a heads up...
Oceanside cement next to the brechin boat launch will have your truck & trailer towed so dont park there if you cant find parking at the launch.

Nice one exflyguy! My boys and I had the same kinda night, lots of shakers and pcod and one keeper, only 15lbs less then yours lol. On the upside my stepson reeled it in, first fish for him.

Nice fish exflyguy. We fished the fingers and got one deep red keeper, lots of pcod and shakers. Sure was a nice evening on the water.

its not just commercial guys recking the prawns
i was watching two native boats with well over 300 traps keep all females
imagine all the females they kept all winter..... and yet they want the inside to be closed for fishing

Fished Neck and Fingers today 5am until 9. Lumpy and large rollers despite the forecast. Two shakers and a few crab.

Yes it sure is slow out there, lots of smalls. Does anyone remember a spring this slow cause I sure cant. Seems like it's not just in Nanaimo either, all the reports from the inside and over in Vancouver seem the same. Also has anyone noticed much bait on their sounder when out? I have not seen a single large bait ball all season so far..Hope it picks up soon!!

Back