2016 Nanaimo Reports

Fished the morning. Shakers, one wild coho, lost a monster. All off the fingers out deep. 180ish on riggers. Beauty morning.

Went out last tuesday couple other boats out there wheathering the thunder and rain
Had a double header and pulled this big girl up
Down at 137 on a green white black gloo spoon with purple haze flasher

Off the fingers

Attachments

• tmp_21970-IMAG0028625667861.jpg
    tmp_21970-IMAG0028625667861.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 275
Went out last tuesday couple other boats out there wheathering the thunder and rain
Had a double header and pulled this big girl up
Down at 137 on a green white black gloo spoon with purple haze flasher

Off the fingers
Good work Adrian love the rain gear.

Got out early this morning for a few hours before being blown off the water by good sized whitecaps and wind.
Fished off the Fingers and up to Neck Pt - 2 coho to the boat and thats it... one wild about 6lbs that was released and another clipped about 4-5lbs. caught on green/glow spoons and hootchies between 70-100.

saw a few guys playing fish... didnt see the end results.

Check the regs before you go fishing the mouth of the river. Saltwater and freshwater regs. Lots of areas of the river are closed.

I just got in, had a steady amount of bites in 4 hrs, managed a hatchery coho and lost a 10ish lb spring at the boat(sons first attempt at netting) not hot fishing but I saw quite a few nets out tonight.

was out last night for a couple hours to enjoy the flat calm water, stayed well away from all the boats around the fingers and landed a very feisty 18, 180 feet on a white hootchie

There are some there right out front, 220 feet, one 25, and 8 Springer, plus a bonus hatch Ho.

Biggies are DEEP.

BLUE AND CHROME small Yote.

Way to go pops, gosh how do YA do it man? Sure hope I can at your age. If there are any left the way they are managed these days.

Where is everyone fishing? Entrance, Fingers, Thrasher......?
My son and I were all over Thrasher yesterday, and even though there were lots on the sounder, we only managed 1 undersized Spring, and a wild Coho early in the morning.
There were a good number of boats out, but we never saw a net pulled from it's holder.

I was out yesterday from 2:30 till 5:30 got a 10Lb spring the first 10 minutes out then nothing after that. Water was nice in the afternoon. Got it on glow white hootchy with green stripe
at 160' close to the fingers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160905-075521.png
    Screenshot_20160905-075521.png
    746.9 KB · Views: 57
Went out for the night bite.Took my grandson Lucky Kye it worked,he nailed a 16 in the first hour.We were fishing 230 and he had a lot of line to wind in.We circled back and had a double ,one undersize and the other didn't stick.Fishing off the fingers using small spoons.Spring was a white.

Back