2016 Nanaimo Reports

Might be jumping the gun with the forum just getting up and running again but here it is. Prawning is open again and the fish will be here any day if not already. Wind and weather is looking good this weekend!

anybody catching anything out here yet? I was out Thursday afternoon off the fingers. no keepers, a few undersized springs and a handful of bluebacks that were biting on the surface.

Boat should be ready to go this week. A quick wash and wax. I was given a formula on brining anchovies to try. Can't wait to see how and if it work. Plus why have teaser heads gone through the roof. I get that the company has been bought out but come on.

USA dollar has impacted everything imported or manufactured off shore or in the USA.....

Went out with a bud this last sunday, between fingers to entrance 1Km out, kept one small keeper that didn't pop pin and probably dragged for sometime. Out again this weekend if nice.

went out yesterday afternoon for something to do, was pretty nasty out there so only fished for an hour, did a wind drift from snake to neck point offshore got a shaker and another about 5 pounds or so, prob an inch or 2 undersized.

Went out a couple nights this week, it's been slow but have had a few undersized each trip. Anybody been into any decent fish yet? Hopefully we'll start seeing some good action soon.

got a 14 pounder yesterday afternoon but it was pretty slow, only a few other undersized fish, one was maybe close to legal. its not yet infested with Pollock but there are enough to make me check lines every 10 minutes. army truck hoochie at 130 feet got the keeper.

Got out Tuesday night at the tide change. Fished off Neck point. Varied depths and lures. 3 pollock. No springs.

Back