2016/2017 Winter boat projects

Sorry about the sideways iphone pictures, not the best but you get the idea. Lots more room and no more fuel hose and open holes in the middle of the floor of a fishing boat!! Lol

Nice work Jimmy. Did you fiberglass or apply resin to the underside of the plywood floor?

Decided I had had enough of my previous rocket launchers/rod holders that I quickly built when the boat was purchased. Some pictures of the new ones fabd and ready to be welded next weekend! Then it's time for new rigger mounts,mounting the new kicker and she's ready for the season..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 156
The old Double Eagle has to last me another season at least I think, so my projects are ongoing. One thing it really needed was a new doghouse to cover the 5-litre; the original doghouse was beat to hell and since I've been working on it anyway, I started on a new one the other day. It's about half done now; the first coat of primer is on and some fairing is complete. A bit more fairing, some paint and then non-skid on the lid should do it. All the edges have been radiused with a router and it should be a little less lethal than the 90 degree metal edges of the original.

One thing I'm also doing is setting new Double Eagle logos into everything I feel like. The new logo was drawn up by my wife, and I'm really happy with it. I'll be doing a negative space one cut into the non-skid on the lid, for instance. You can see the rough mock-up here. Of course it'll all be white, with white non-skid so the logo will be fairly subtle.

2017-01-18 20.45.25.jpg

You can also see the new side...wall? Or whatever. With the aluminum trim oblong cutout thing. That's because I kept using it as a step and apparently I got too fat and broke the original one. I could have just repaired it and put the screws in different spots but I had some spare plywood so I just cut out a new one and encapsulated it in epoxy.

Also yes, this is in a spare bedroom and my wife is amazingly tolerant of my projects.

That's a ****** thing to say Reiber
LOL. Cracked_ribs gets it. Sorry steely. I shouldn't be poking at a guy when others aren't aware of the history. Like cracked says I'm hunting for a boat like his. Best boat ever made for my families needs in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back