2015 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

Here's a couple other pics of it the guests sent me check out the size of it's tail. The bottom pic I'm holding a galf but it wasn't buried just under it lifting it's head. It was released in good shape and swam away.

DSCF1699.jpgDSCF1705.jpgDSCF1704.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hay is anyone getting into the Northern Coho yet ????? Heading up on long weekend for a week. Looks like Tuna water could get blown out with weather coming.
Any reports on Northern Coho would be Great. Hope they are in surf line & not 20 miles out.
Thx Slickwater

Coho regs are non retention wild coho on the outside, there are big ones but of course they are wild and the small coho are hatchery which you can keep offshore. Could through the Northern Coho fishery for a loop, not sure if the regs change further on in the year. The good news is there is lots on Chinook, halibut and hatchery coho. I saw a pic this evening of a catch today 80 Tuna on a sport boat was insane lol.

Thanks for report. Heard you guys are doing very well. Good stuff. Save me some lol. We have caught Hatchery Northern Coho in the past years in 25lb range. But most are wild for sure. They are a blast when you get into them. They should clip more or change rules in Sept for these big healthy runs of Coho .
Cheers Sick

Just back from Ukee. Had a great trip with some great fishing days . Fished between Red can & Wya & caught our limit of some good size springs & Coho. Did some jigging for cod & caught 7 nice lings over week & finished Friday shooting out 45 miles & got into the Tuna . Great way to end the year of fishing. Now the work begins .

It's been a while since on the forum, yes the shark fought like crazy though we had an oversized hali on lol. Would come up a ways then peel line back out took probably close to 10 minutes to get the thing up. Guests arm was burning. As of September 11 you can retain wild and hatchery coho offshore, looks like the northern coho fishery is in our favor now :D Was nice they open up 1 over 77cm and one under several weeks back definitely great for the Port salmon derby. Lots of Chinook still hanging around been an excellent year and looking forward to the fall and winter fishery. Way to go Slickwater sounds like you had another excellent season.

Cheers,
UC

Yes they were very happy Slickwater. Here's a picture of today's catch was a half day trip targeting white fish. Didn't do any salmon fishing today. And yes those are 2 skates apparently they are good eating and what imitation scallops are made from. Don't usually keep them but will upon request, may just try one one day. Folks were super happy and the seas were beautiful today!
IMG_0236.jpgIMG_0232.jpg

Back