2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Try on the back side of Strange Island, around the log dump. We have done pretty good there in the past. Good luck!

Hi trophy fisher. Just got back from Nootka. Did reasonably well for crab.Try going deeper earlier in the season.Cheers Jim.

What's current area 25/ 125 regs? Over 45 and that's it? Looking for the map and its now missing from dfo 25 site

Regs don't appear up to date. I see March 31 for Chinook. Think they will be providing changes soon.

Hi fellow fishers

Heading up to nootka on the 17 of june for 12 nights should be a good time Ill have my laptop with me so Ill post what I know will be the local rules/regs when I get up there its a shame our govnmt can't get there **** together to have the information up to date… then the kicker last year one end of knootka island you could keep a chinook over 77 and the south end you couldn't… ah hello they are the same fish duh its only a 30 min run in calm seas at best from maquinna to ferrier just my 2 cents..

Tight lines
Billydoo

Ya it was there under/over etc. I thought it was gone and was just asking thought I may need glasses. With it gone I would expect a change coming. Hate to say it..... One over and one under for ferrer again?

last year I went up weekend of july 13th it was still 2 over and had a great weekend july 15th it changes to 1 over 1 under

Jumped off the wagon eh? Ha ha. I am sure glad the Hawks beat the Ducks. Don't like those quacks..... talented though they are

Hope your wrong Wade I heard otherwise and am trying to get out there July 11, 12th

it will be 1 over 1 under like 2013. if you want better will have to go to nootka again or 125. thats why the 2014/2015 map disappeared.

**** me off cuz i gotta date with a 40lb at ferrer

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey fellas. Never been out this way but I'm looking to set up a trip this year if not next for sure. Where do you guys stay typically? Are there places (rentals) you can drive a boat up to with a dock or even better if it was just a float home, for a 4 to 7 day rental? Or know of a local I could contact for such information? Thanks!

I stay at Rodgers Fishing Lodge. This will be my 8th year going there. They're located at the end of Esperenza Inlet so easy access to some of the best fishing spots. They do Bring Your Own Boat, so you can just pay for accommodations and meals, if you don't need a guide. They offer great service, very good food and fantastic fishing. Here's a link to there website http://www.rodgersfishinglodge.com/

Flynns Cove is a great place with really nice people that own it. Stayed there before we had a place in Thasis.

Thanks guys. Looks like there's fuel all over the place which is nice too. See if I can sneak in a trip in September.

Back