2015 Nanaimo Reports

730-11 this morning hit 7 or 8 fish staying close to Hudson rock chasing bait balls. kept 3, 15 pounders nothing big for us. standard depths standard gear.

Sounds like it's on like Donkey Kong!

I'm with you guys in spirit :). I'm in the middle of moving and work is crazy right now :(.

We'll bonk the first one in your honour. If your ears are ringing, that's not from the hang over. :( Sorry to hear you can't join the fun and games.

Seems like the bait is in close to structure , picked up another 12 lber , lost a nice one this afternoon, , then i two-blocked a cannonballs,snubber and release clip after being caught in someones prawnstring...we finished out the trip with 6 keeper crabs between the two traps... Back out sunday morning...[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like the bait is in close to structure , picked up another 12 lber , lost a nice one this afternoon, , then i two-blocked a cannonballs,snubber and release clip after being caught in someones prawnstring...we finished out the trip with 6 keeper crabs between the two traps... Back out sunday morning...[emoji41]

see u out there :)

Derby & Hookin-up,... Hot spoon yesterday was the jailbait...
2afb5d3c18880df4d85da8dfb6036eba.jpg
run that sucker 6' behind the boobie flasher [emoji12] i was laughing at my buddy tell the spring hammered it..lol

Careful you can't give away all the hotspots and bling. No wonder its blowing a gale out there...have to wait til the afternoon when forecast is for lower winds. At least there's a nice flood this afternoon.

LOL :) - Pat where your boat is housed, you have mega spots with tons of protection to fish from, Nanaimo isn't the only local local hotspot. Some spots you'll need to travel through the lump, but in the end you will get to something fine. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Went out yesterday (Friday) with my neighbour, the Big Dog, fished out in the deep off of the Fingers and picked up a 25, 15 and a keeper. The 25 was on a 5" spoon at 130. Like Jeffy's it was a white spring. Then got a few lings to round out the day. Broke in my new jigging rod and reel, thanks PNT. Beauty day on the water.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,199
Attempted to get out of the bay this morning with my little tinner. Ya right!

Came home with 5 keeper crab though!

b1eea0a756fc294d8bd4093f558e2b97.jpg

Good morning (although kinda lumpy) outside the Fingers kept our limit 4 fish 12-15ib released 2 smaller 6-7lb
Lots of action and hits, brother lost a big one looked to be about 20+
All 130-160ft usual coyote spoons

Only hit a couple undersized today , out there this morning 6-11, was a little lumpy n hard to tell if you were towing pollock again...8 of them to the boat[emoji12]

Was out from 730 to 11 this morning. 15 and an 8 for us...homeland security spoon at 150 feet. Lots of boat traffic out there.

Just to change it up a little, was out this evening, flat dead calm, 4 keepers, and over 10 landed... Great evening with my girls.....
a3a50393f4bc9436d4242fcf98deacba.jpg

LOL :) - Pat where your boat is housed, you have mega spots with tons of protection to fish from, Nanaimo isn't the only local local hotspot. Some spots you'll need to travel through the lump, but in the end you will get to something fine. :)

Ya, that tub is pretty comfy in most stuff so we can get out in lumpy crud conditions. We were one of only a few boats who made it out on Saturday. Wasn't much into getting up at the crack of rooster fart on a full moon, when the better bite and tide was better later in the day. Some nice fish north from us, but no need to burn the extra fuel to get there with all the action close to home. Today was a lot of fun, even got a high teener on a recycled 5 inch herring we salvaged out of the gullet of a fish we caught! What a hoot.

Fished Fingers for the first time yesterday.
7-2. No springs for us. Saw 3-4 caught. Counted 60 boats.
Water was sloppy in the morning and got better after noon.

Thanks for the info that was given to me. It was nice to do a day trip and see some new area.

Thanks!
Tips

Back