2015 Nanaimo Reports

Picked up 5 springs Sunday afternoon off the Fingers.12-15 pounds. 130-150 feet on the cop car spoon. Beautiful flat conditions!

Out in the calm waters yesterday. Fish not as fat as last year, released one kept one, prob 8 pounds, couldnt find bigger.

Heading to thrasher late afternoon. Friend sent a late text of a couple fish caught 1km out in straight, mid teeners. Will sniff it out.

Gunna head out tomorrow n giver another go..try me on the vhf 88a if ur out , i wont be running to thrasher but fishing out front..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

went out yesterday evening for a couple hours and boated a 13ish white spring 180 feet cookies and cream, lots of fish at the cleaning table last night, no real big ones though

Looking to head over to Thrasher from Vancouver if the weather (wind) cooperates. What is better to fish, the low or high slack?

Finally a day off to fish! Awesome day on the water. Caught 8 salmon today and lost one to a seal. Fishing solo and I had a double header. Landed both, a 16 1/2 and a 24 1/2 lber. Fish around the fingers and caught a couple in the 140 range, moved up just south of Winchelsea fished shallow waters, (less than 150) caught a couple more, then moved a good 2 - 3 km out into the channel and finished off with 4 more. A green glow lure was the hot ticket item of the day catching 6 out of the 8 fish. Most fish were caught 180 down.IMG_0825_2.jpg
Sure missed you today Stan. lol
Even met the famous Jeffywestcoast at the launch. Good to meet the people behind the names. Cheers

Great report man , was nice meeting you n them are some nice springs, lost a nice one out there today.. Fishing out of a friends trophy, went 1 for 4 squids taking all the action... 170-200

Hooked a scrappy 15 pounder today near Entrance with dad. 180 feet down, LONG leader (84") and 4" coyote in Kitchen Sink.
I have had to switch to left hand retrieve on the Peetz due to shoulder issues, it is surprising how many habits I am having to relearn!
Great father/son time. He says he will keep the boat for one more year.

This Chinook was beyond white. Skin off the fillets look like ling. I plan to candy it.

Not a productive day today. 2 undersized and a couple missed hits. Was able to snag about a 6 pack worth of empty kokannee cans floating past my boat though. Shook my head after the first 2. Couldn't stand watching anymore go by. Maybe I got a stick up my arse but that's pretty ignorant. Thanks for the 20 cents. Stay home next time.

11 and an 18 out front yesterday. Both white and healthy, scrappy fish. Going to candy them as well... Not a huge fan of the whitey's...

image.jpg

first trip of the year, beauty morning! bagged a 15lb marble at 125ft with lime hootchie about 1 mile off fingers. lots of pollock to throw our productiveness off! saw a few smaller ones at cleaning station, many guys saying a bit slower today?

Fished for a couple hours this afternoon. Just a couple of Pollock and one shaker for us. Might head out tomorrow...will report back.

The misses and I went out this morning got a red 12# couple of knockoffs and a pcod then I treated her to a nice lunch

cheers

Fished off fingers this morning. 22,14 and a 11 on Kitchen sink and Irish cream spoons in 130ft to 145ft. All marble.

Fished off the fingers from 830 to 1...got two 12 pounders on an irish creme at 130 feet. Also got a couple of undersize and lost a few. Good day to test out the new pod and optimax.

Back