2015 Campbell River Reports

I fished today from 9 to 4. Did a couple passes at the hump and it looked slow. Went to green can and it was slow as well but saw a few fish caught around slack tide in the afternoon. I came home with one. I can't comment on fishing around Sonora but I think you have a good chance of getting fish at the hump/green can.

Great day yesterday, went out 6- 11:00 am. Took home 2, lost one at the side of the boat, and had to release a good one as I already had my two in the boat. Blue meanie and army trucks were working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the winds at the Hump? We are at Alder Bay and were forced off the water on our first day with gale force winds. Some nice salmon caught the day before and some small Hali's. Forecast high winds today, so did not launch the boat.

I'm up for a few days during the 3rd week of July. Does anyone have advice on a few spots that would be accessible by kayak for salmon? I mostly troll when I'm yakking down here in Sooke but jigging is a possibility. I appreciate any advice.
Cheers,
T2

Tyee Pool
It's probably too early, but launching a kayak close to the Tyee club might be easy. I've thought of kayak Fishin in the pool in August/Sept. Does anyone do that?
Stosh

Fished the hump/red can yesterday, 2 legal lings but no salmon. Put a good 6 hours trolling in. Tried depths from 70-225 feet. Did not mark much bait.

can a guy troll through the discovery pier area? I seen some big springs come up there as a kid not sure what's up now for rules.

went to green can today. ended up with 2 hatchery coho, threw a few wilds back, 1 keeper spring about 15 lbs. let a small ling go. if it wasnt for the wind it would have been an even better morning. hoochies and anchovies. still some bait but not what was there last week.

went to green can today. ended up with 2 hatchery coho, threw a few wilds back, 1 keeper spring about 15 lbs. let a small ling go. if it wasnt for the wind it would have been an even better morning. hoochies and anchovies. still some bait but not what was there last week.

Good report, nice to see some coho comming in.

I'm still thinking about fishing the tyee pool out of a kayak. I notice that most of the row boats have small outboards. Is this necessary due to currents in the area, or is it safe to just paddle or row without having power?
Thanks
Stosh

Strict rules about motors in Tyee Pool from 15 Jul-15 Sep.
Motors are used to get to pool then boats are rowed in.

Saw a couple of Kayaks last year, they seemed to have no problem.

can a guy troll through the discovery pier area? I seen some big springs come up there as a kid not sure what's up now for rules.
Doubt rules have changed since I fished it, but you should be able to troll the discovery pier area south of the spit boat launch only. I fished it many times - the gear rules still apply (no downriggers yadda yadda), but no problem trolling.

Back