2015 Campbell River Reports

Salmon point in oyster bay, and run a 10 min further to south quadra ,less line up,and hope the wind is in your favor for the run back to the dock.I Launch Ken ford with perkins lures us onto the fish in campbell.

Last edited by a moderator:
really gotta watch the tide at salmon pt though. Need to have a 6 ft or better tide minimum to get in/out. Discovery you don't have to watch the tide whatsoever.

Dave

Just got back from 4 fabulous full days of fishing at Quadra. Went w/ a group of gals, (5 in all-two total novices to the sport and one who's never fished the salt before), rented a cabin and a cpl of local guided boats and fished our hearts out. 20 spring from 12 to 27 lbs., (4 each) and 3 ling. Really, really fun. So great to see what C Riv is producing now. What a blast.

I would like some opinions on plugs please. I hardly ever fish with plugs and have only a couple in my tackle box. Yet I see guys fishing with plugs regularly and many guys swear by them. If I were to buy one plug only which one should I buy? I target salmon and fish the hump/green can area. Thanks

I would like some opinions on plugs please. I hardly ever fish with plugs and have only a couple in my tackle box. Yet I see guys fishing with plugs regularly and many guys swear by them. If I were to buy one plug only which one should I buy? I target salmon and fish the hump/green can area. Thanks

Hey Paul. Fished up your way yesterday. Just as important is how it swims. Not all plugs are equal. That being said make sure you have a500 and a 700 in your box. Cheers Jim.

Went out for 2 hours after supper, 6:30-8:30. Fished the hump, caught 2 springs, 12 & 21.
Both on army truck glow cuttle, also lost one, and released one big cod.

Fished the cr hump and green can last couple days. Not good for me out there. camping at pacific playground and there are nice fish being brought in from the can and hump. Lots of lings being brought in.
Going to give another go and try different strategy.

Out last night in the rain, managed a pair of 22 pounders! Fished the hump with a flasher and hootchie I call the Whole Nine Yards, mix of a pilchard, micheal jackson, oil slick, jelly fish with a bit of green and UV/Glow. Used it for the last five trips out and that is the side I am getting all the action on. Other side has been, blue meanie, splatter back, plugs and no love except for the odd ling.

hit up the green can this morning. got a 12 and a 20. let a 65cm ling go. probably 20 boats and everyone seemed to get a couple. tons of bait. good fishing.

Fished the hump light house drift today, 2 keeper lings 75 and 86 cm, 18 pound spring. Fishing seemed to slow a bit however must have caught a small dogfish and after an hour and a half pulled the gear to realize I just had a leader, hootchie gone!

Fished the hump light house drift today, 2 keeper lings 75 and 86 cm, 18 pound spring. Fishing seemed to slow a bit however must have caught a small dogfish and after an hour and a half pulled the gear to realize I just had a leader, hootchie gone!

I hate when that happens. I was fishing with a hootchie last year and a couple hours went by, checked the gear a few times but didnt notice the hooks were gone. hootchie was there though. It was definitely a beer drinking/sulking day after that.

Got out yesterday, looked fairly slow out there. Started off at the green can without any luck, then moved over to the hump. Ended up bringing in two, 12 and 14lbs. Both caught on blue meanies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back