2015 Campbell River Reports

Awesome looking fish FA, bet he is invited to dinner. Guest of honour at the bar b que? What did he weigh?

Nice. I have only caught a couple of marble springs. As I remember, they were great eating. Kind of in between red and white. If I remember correctly it was a little moister than straight red. Which do you prefer when eating.

Nice. I have only caught a couple of marble springs. As I remember, they were great eating. Kind of in between red and white. If I remember correctly it was a little moister than straight red. Which do you prefer when eating.

I find the whites a little oilier but just as delicious! Personal preference I think.

Lots of deep bait today. Led to a nice fish. 230ft cable in 190 ft of water. SE point of the hump. 20150307_131900.jpg20150307_130705.jpg

Attachments

• 20150307_141119.jpg
    20150307_141119.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 663
Heading out tomorrow, will provide a report tomorrow night. Good luck to anyone else goin out, tight lines.

Just came in. Was cold as balls in the morning. Started at hump, released one undersize Chinook. Tons of bait showing on southeast side of hump. No other bites. Moved over to Willows / Shelter. Released a decent ling. no other action for me. Some boats jigging south of the hump for Hali's I presume.

One small Hali for us. Lotsa bait south east side of hump Just north of 320ft marking towards green can showed the most bait. Lotsa guys jigging and prawn fishing...

was out on sunday, was slow for us. However as you know can turn on a dime. I heard some other forum members blasted over to Cortes and hit three really nice ones. I may see you out there on Sunday if its nice.

Anyone been having any luck on the hump the last week or so? Seems to have been slow without much bait...

Went out today, crabbing good! Drove to the hump to do some trolling and nothing. Only trolled for an hour as I was mostly out to try out the new power. Saw one boat get a keeper at the hump.

Fished the can and hump from 12-5. Lots of p-cod at the green can. no salmon for me. Did pick up some prawns.
There were boats out jigging and trolling. Didn't see any action from anyone out there. Heading out again to give another go.

Went out to the hump on Sunday.... Kept these 4 beauties and a few crabs for a nice kicker too!!
94697fe3e1bc102388eae2f875d273ec.jpg

Back