2015 Campbell River Reports

Anyways.... back to fishing. Pulled out a plug today. I rarely use them. Caught a 14 lb marble at the green can this morning 230 ft on the rigger in 300ish ft of water. White with red head. Couple smaller ones released as well. Jigged up a nice ling on the hump at low slack also. Mac deep.

Launched at Salmon pt yesterday at 2pm..headed to green can
Trolled 200 - 220 ft down on riggers in about the same depth of water...green flashers with glow green/white hootchie.
Landed 7 springs and 1 token pink that hit while bringing gear up to check.
Back at dock around 5:15p
A beautiful day out there

(P.S. some one help me out.. can't for the life of me figure out how to rotate pics lol)
20150812_152803.jpg

Attachments

• 20150812_172205.jpg
    20150812_172205.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,536
It weighed in at 31. Here's another pic.

Really all you whiners can do is find fault in his picture? Get a life. The decent thing to do even if you don't believe it congradulate or say nothing. That is why I rarely post on this forum, because some loudmouth always has to spout off. Nice fish man, glad you shared it and I couldn't care less how straight your arm is lol

Really all you whiners can do is find fault in his picture? Get a life. The decent thing to do even if you don't believe it congradulate or say nothing. That is why I rarely post on this forum, because some loudmouth always has to spout off. Nice fish man, glad you shared it and I couldn't care less how straight your arm is lol

Thought we all moved on from that moment. Read the posts and give a little thought to the responses, maybe read into them a little. No one was questioning anything. You are better than that.

Back to the reports, nice fish spring fever (not the original one)!

Thought we all moved on from that moment. Read the posts and give a little thought to the responses, maybe read into them a little. No one was questioning anything. You are better than that.

Back to the reports, nice fish spring fever (not the original one)!
That's right I am better then that, that's why I didn't leave a snotty comment about a picture someone shared.

Certainly a nice fish, I call 21 - 24lb but hey we all know the best stories are fishing stories. I'm sure we have all started out with a 24 on the water then by the time we hit the dock it was a 28 then the following year it was a 30 two years later it's a 35 lol. Fishin tails I love them! My favorite ones are the fish that was beside the boat that got away their always the biggest :D

What a tool response....baddog said it was 31 and it clearly is. Nice hog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been camping on Quadra Island and I'd like to take my family fishing on the south end of the island. Does anyone know how the fishing has been? We'd like to target pinks for the kids sake, (hopefully a lot them!). Thanks in advance for any info.

While some Pinks can be caught at the south end, it is much better North, say around Deep Water Bay on the flood tide, and Plumper Bay on the ebb tide. Have fun. ......BB

Seagle, just wanted to make sure you are aware that there are some very dangerous waters between where you are and Deepwater Bay. Make sure you go on a fishing trip not a whitewater rafting trip. Anyway, last year about this time I got 4 springs 15-22lb in 45 minutes fishing the Hump (s/w side of Quadra). The Green Can (green buoy off S/E end of Quadra might treat you well. It is a deep fishery Tyee Marine in CR can provide proper lures & advice, but if you have a large Tomic 602 plug in your box you will probably be happy.

He said he was looking for pinks for the kids and you're telling him to drop the riggers to 250 and target springs??
The narrows isnt bad. Know your tides and winds.

capt. crunch - I have been fishing the area since 1978 but do not do it often. I am sure that you being local you have a different opinion of the Narrows than us out of towners. This guy sounds like an out of towner. Just trying to keep things safe.

I've been camping on Quadra Island and I'd like to take my family fishing on the south end of the island. Does anyone know how the fishing has been? We'd like to target pinks for the kids sake, (hopefully a lot them!). Thanks in advance for any info.

Should be hot for pinks. Check along the shore lines for the obvious signs and try a small pink micheals bait behind a hotspot, high liner, or okey flasher with a 30-40 lbs 26-28" leader. Used to commercial fish the area years ago. Should put some in the boat for ya. I'd fish the top 70' of water

The narrows can be dangerous, no denying that. If you run it on the right tide and wind it is not a problem though. Size of boat and power would make a difference too.

Any word on the sockeye?
I see DFO has not issued an opening yet; by this date last year we were doing well.

Thanks for all the info. The day we were going to go out, there were significant winds so we stayed in sheltered water. We are familiar with going through narrows so that's not an issue. I was hoping for a bunch of pinks for the kids, but, oh well. We'll get some in the Fraser if they open it up in time.

I am planning to go fish in Deepwater Bay tomorrow. Hoping to catch a few pinks with my young daughter and maybe a spring or two for Dad. Can someone give me a recent report from that area ?

Went out today from 9:45 to 3. Tried Deepwater, wall north of Brown's Bay, and Green Sea. Very slow. Saw a couple of pinks caught but not even that many. At one point I put red gear on trying to catch a pink for supper but couldn't even muster that. Oh well, that's fishing.

Few hours at the green can tonight, one undersize spring and a small ling to the boat. Saw a few fish caught and lots of pinks jumping but we had no luck for anything worth keeping.

Back